421 cub, 7mil cub, or 10mil super cub

Hp doesn't mean shit if you can't get it to the ground. When it comes down to drag racing EVERYTHING needs to be set up right.

Ive raced against a stock ported banshee on alky and i have trouble beating him. But he has override, lockup, gearing and paddle size dialed down. Vs 421 cub that doesn't have a override or a lockup. Even the number of paddles makes a defference. We've ran a stock jug 4mill with 9 and 10 paddles and the 10 paddles made a big difference.

What come into play when drag racing, other then high hp numbers

lockup vs non lockup

override vs non override

swingarm length (to long can be just as bad as to short)

shock (rebound and compresion)

gear ratio

tire size( includes 9,10,11 paddle and so on)

weight ( includes riders fat ass)

• Like 1

Hp doesn't mean shit if you can't get it to the ground. When it comes down to drag racing EVERYTHING needs to be set up right.

Ive raced against a stock ported banshee on alky and i have trouble beating him. But he has override, lockup, gearing and paddle size dialed down. Vs 421 cub that doesn't have a override or a lockup. Even the number of paddles makes a defference. We've ran a stock jug 4mill with 9 and 10 paddles and the 10 paddles made a big difference.

lockup vs non lockup

override vs non override

gear ratio

Your very right!

lockup vs non lockup

override vs non override

gear ratio

I understand this. I strictly started this thread to figure out what motor I want to build. This was not a chassis thread nor racing. I guess everyone reads a post and translates it into what they think it should be. I didn't start this thread for the "my quad is faster than yours" results! If I get the hp I want I can build the banshee around this. Like I said at the start of this...."Its a project"!

i dont think he was being hostile towards you, just saying that if your on a budget maybe your money might be spent elsewhere on chassis parts, suspension, etc and then youll be setup for your dream motor. Now if your like me you build the baddest mofo that you can afford and then find the weak links by breaking them lol :headbang:

I read the post right, you mentioned something about going out and using it on weekends to shoot up the hill and win some, plus you wanted to know about what has higher hp. So i just wanted to make sure you understood that hp number and setup go hand and hand. Everything i had mentioned to you is some thing that should be taken into consideration and even more of since you mentioned the cost of these builds. Better i know you know then i assume you know.

As for that 520 super cub your talking about, i think i know the one, is it from rdz. They claim 114hp, im gonna assume but i would think its with there pipes, also is it on alcohol or race fuel. They also have a 421 non ported for 1,600, ported and it should be at 112hp but again is that alcohol or race fuel. I find it hard to believe that its on race fuel.

Like Tyler said (loco) 7mil and 10mil are the same money.

I read the post right, you mentioned something about going out and using it on weekends to shoot up the hill and win some, plus you wanted to know about what has higher hp. So i just wanted to make sure you understood that hp number and setup go hand and hand. Everything i had mentioned to you is some thing that should be taken into consideration and even more of since you mentioned the cost of these builds. Better i know you know then i assume you know.

As for that 520 super cub your talking about, i think i know the one, is it from rdz. They claim 114hp, im gonna assume but i would think its with there pipes, also is it on alcohol or race fuel. They also have a 421 non ported for 1,600, ported and it should be at 112hp but again is that alcohol or race fuel. I find it hard to believe that its on race fuel.

Like Tyler said (loco) 7mil and 10mil are the same money.

Armando's bike is the fastest bike I've ever seen....

As for that 520 super cub your talking about, i think i know the one, is it from rdz. They claim 114hp, im gonna assume but i would think its with there pipes, also is it on alcohol or race fuel.

My bad those numbers are for there 4mil super cub. not the 520 super cub

My bad those numbers are for there 4mil super cub. not the 520 super cub

Thanks for the info sandman! Didn't mean to get hostile!! :headbang:

I think I am gonna stick with the 10 mil cub! Considering the last thing at the dunes was a 4 mil dune port this should be a step up to one hell of a ride!

Thanks for the info sandman! Didn't mean to get hostile!! :headbang:

I think I am gonna stick with the 10 mil cub! Considering the last thing at the dunes was a 4 mil dune port this should be a step up to one hell of a ride!

You will shit purple twinkies the first time you ride it if that is what you are coming from :cheers:

You will love a 10 cub, they are bullet proof motors and run very hard.

All of Rob's(RDZ) dyno numbers will be w/alcohol unless he states otherwise.