4mil supercub

supersider

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

your looking about 5-7 more hp more then the 421 cub but alot depends what all you do to them.. there are things that you can do to them that is not the normal drag port

Just surious, on what you can do besides a normal drag port?

I know there are a couple builders that really have the 4mm supercub down. Nate Mccoy did my 68bore cub but if I woulda known his supers were making about 8 more hp and 4 more ft lbs of torque I would have done a super. Mccoys performance , K/T , and A/S all can get in the 118-120 hp range which is about what a good 10mil cub makes. Nice combo with the bigger transfers.

I know there are a couple builders that really have the 4mm supercub down. Nate Mccoy did my 68bore cub but if I woulda known his supers were making about 8 more hp and 4 more ft lbs of torque I would have done a super. Mccoys performance , K/T , and A/S all can get in the 118-120 hp range which is about what a good 10mil cub makes. Nice combo with the bigger transfers.

SO YOU THINK ITS WORTH THE EXTRA MONEY!

I'd take a 10 mil cub over a 4 mil super any day.

Pistons are easier and cheaper to get, you can use a more readily available head by Chariot, Noss, etc.

Domes are more common and easier to get as well.

I'll take the stroke over the bore any day when we're talking these "smaller" motors....LOL.

Unless you're running in a class where 450cc was the limit (since a 4 mil super is 439ccs)

I'd take a 10 mil cub over a 4 mil super any day.

Pistons are easier and cheaper to get, you can use a more readily available head by Chariot, Noss, etc.

Domes are more common and easier to get as well.

I'll take the stroke over the bore any day when we're talking these "smaller" motors....LOL.

Unless you're running in a class where 450cc was the limit (since a 4 mil super is 439ccs)

Aside from the reasons you already stated, why do you prefer the stroke over the bore if there is no difference in total displacement?

Thanks.

Aside from the reasons you already stated, why do you prefer the stroke over the bore if there is no difference in total displacement?

Thanks.

IMHO I to would take the stroke over the bore on a cub cylinder that is. in the super cubs with the bigger bore I fell that they have chokes points that need to be addressed to get the complete amount of power out of them as you can..

For one I fell on the super cubs you need bigger reeds then the stock banshee sized reeds

cc for cc, I'll take the stroke over the bigger bore.

In my experience (and as always, there are exceptions AND variables, so this is a general blanket statement) the longer stroke motors rev out further giving you a more usable RPM range to suit your needs to.

Again, very broad statement...not bible by any means.

im with dave. ill take the 10mm cub over the 4mm supercub anyday. i have been hearing from numerous builders for along time now that there are intake flow issues on the super cubs.. put simply, they dont flow enough with the stock size reeds. thats probably part of the reason Herr has grafted the big intakes onto a couple of those super cub setups. makes perfect sense to me.

i compete directly against a 10mm supercub at the hillclimbs in minnesota. im not impressed with it. for the extra money youre going to spend on that, id go ahead and build a DM. i dont see the supercub as being worth it.

im with dave. ill take the 10mm cub over the 4mm supercub anyday. i have been hearing from numerous builders for along time now that there are intake flow issues on the super cubs.. put simply, they dont flow enough with the stock size reeds. thats probably part of the reason Herr has grafted the big intakes onto a couple of those super cub setups. makes perfect sense to me.

i compete directly against a 10mm supercub at the hillclimbs in minnesota. im not impressed with it. for the extra money youre going to spend on that, id go ahead and build a DM. i dont see the supercub as being worth it.

so no fans here! no one likes the supercub?