4mil supercub

supersider

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Theres plenty of reed area for a 4mil super, its when you get into the 10 mil super that they have been known not to run much better than a 68 bore and then when you step up to a DM you really start seeing the 10 mil getting big numbers. As far as cranks, I like the 4 mil motors for piston speed and wear and smoothness. i think the 439cc 4 mil supers being so close to a 464cc 10 mil cubs numbers shows they are pretty efficient, the cheaper 68mm pistons tho are a plus when you burn one up lol.

why? i personally race against a 10mm supercub all the time and it consistently gets beat by my 10mm cub and my brothers 4mm cub. its not all about cc's anyway. if that was the case then no one would bother build anything smaller than a 500cc motor, but we always see smaller motors beating on big ones.

I love cubs best bang for the buck period!!! I know you have a lot of time and effort in getting yours to where it is. I would assume you have found its full potential (rather you run it there or not). How long has that super cub been tuned on and does he have tuning skills? You take the same builder on the cub and super cub I bet the super cub wins. I own a 10 mill super cub cylinder I have been thinking about building but I might go bigger I wouldn’t consider going smaller. I know it’s not all about cc's but you put the same amount of time and skill in to the larger cc I bet it will be faster....

• 4 weeks later...

Me personally I like the Super cubs. I have a partner with a 10mill Super and we've dominated the regular cubs in our area from 10 to 14mill stroke. It's all in the porting and the setup though. You can take any bike any stroke or bore and make it run. It's all about who's turning the wrenches. IMO

anyone else b4 i build this supercub? Any really bad things?