banshee wont start and has brand new topend

armando

okay hey i just replaced the topend on my banshee today. i changed the topend early so i could keep it on stock bore, i changed the pistons, gaskets, etc and put it back together easily with no problems. but when i went to kick it over, it wont start, didnt have any problems before and the quad has alot of compression with the new topend. just wont start. help?

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay hey i just replaced the topend on my banshee today. i changed the topend early so i could keep it on stock bore, i changed the pistons, gaskets, etc and put it back together easily with no problems. but when i went to kick it over, it wont start, didnt have any problems before and the quad has alot of compression with the new topend. just wont start. help?

if you have fuel flowing through the feed line to both carbs and spark it should start right up guy. make sure your little rubber crossover tube it on between the carbs. wont run unless it is connected. you may have a bad stator too if you didnt use the banshee flywheel puller. broke mine that way.if you have spark thow that aint the issue.

You changed the top end early to keep it on stock bore?? Rebuild because it needs it or your just throwing money away.

Start with your basics, are you getting fuel and spark? Is the choke tube in place (small black tube that conects the carbs)?

yea well it started needing 3-4 kicks to start so i thought id change it right away and yea its getting fuel and im pretty sure its getting spark.

yea well it started needing 3-4 kicks to start so i thought id change it right away and yea its getting fuel and im pretty sure its getting spark.

3-4 kicks is normal, do a compression test to see if it needs rebuilt. Are the plugs wet after kicking on it for awhile? Pull a plug and make sure its getting fire. Are you sure everything is put together corectly?

3-4 kicks is normal, do a compression test to see if it needs rebuilt. Are the plugs wet after kicking on it for awhile? Pull a plug and make sure its getting fire. Are you sure everything is put together corectly?

haha i just rebuilt it and i was looking at it and the crossover tube was loss so i pushed the tube in further, i took the plugs outs and put a little bit of mixed gas in each clynder and it fired right up but it died a sec later, i guess its not getting gas, i had the carbs rebuilt before the topend. any thoughts?

Edited by armando

Inside ur gas tank there are two sets of filters attached to the petcock. Make sure they are not clogged!also pull ur bowls on the carbs and make sure the jets are not clogged!

ok i just cleaned out both carbs completely and but everything together again, it wouldnt start but i did what my friend told me to do, stand the quad up and flood the carbs, and put the quad back on all 4 wheels again, i did that and it started 1st kick but died in about 45 seconds. i dont know whats wrong with it

ok i just cleaned out both carbs completely and but everything together again, it wouldnt start but i did what my friend told me to do, stand the quad up and flood the carbs, and put the quad back on all 4 wheels again, i did that and it started 1st kick but died in about 45 seconds. i dont know whats wrong with it

raise the needles in the carb slides to the center position and try hold n the throttle a tiny bit open and it should run !! if flooded already, more than likly, hold wide open to start to get max air into the engine.it may take some kickn over before it starts

Edited by rascal

This is usually a carb problem. Take them apart and clean them again. Make sure you have the slides in the right carbs. They fit in backwards if you put them in the wrong carbs. Look through the back of the carbs and you should see the cut out on the bottom. If its flat, they're in backwards. Put new plugs just in case. Good luck.

CLEAN YOUR NEEDLE AND SEATS REALLY GOOD!!!!!!!! by what you just described its sounds like its not getting fuel

X2!!!!!!!!!if you have fuel coming out of ue fuel lines your needle and seat are stuck for sure.check the routing of ur fuel lines like if its running up hill to clear a shitty boost bottle.make it as straight to the carbs from the tank as possible.well thats good news-it runs and u know its just a fuel issue.that oughta help u breathe a sigh!!!!!!

raise the needles in the carb slides to the center position and try hold n the throttle a tiny bit open and it should run !! if flooded already, more than likly, hold wide open to start to get max air into the engine.it may take some kickn over before it starts

wtf?re-jetting it isnt going to do anything but waste alot of time!!!!!y does he have to move the clip to the center and hold the throttle open?is the needle not gonna move on the clip its at when the throttle is opened??? banghead

Edited by volcrano