What do you guys use to keep your Banshee lookin all purdy after its gotten muddy and whatnot?

jon321

A lot of people don't like it, but I use a power washer. The one I have has a syphone for car wash (or your choice of clenaer), works great, you just gotta be real careful around the intake, exhause, head and seals, I still do most of that by hand.

I also use a pressure washer for the heavy crap then wash the rest by hand. Just watch out for the Radiator.

Well I took my quad out yesterday and it no longer looks like it does in the picture, man she is pretty darn dirty and needs a bath, what sorta soap and polish do you recommend or do you use?

Thanks

Damn dude! Did you steal my dike? That looks just like mine down to the yellow jugs! Except my frame is black and my seat is gray where yours is checkered. It looks damn good!

Yeah, mud, water, Uh hu! I wash the sand off with a garden hose and use a magic eraser for the scuffs on the plastic.

SP

Your bike is sweet.

You got one heck of a deal there, and thats one badass machine for a person who never owned a shee before.

As for cleaning, i use some simple green or orange cleaner, maybe some degreaser if necessary, i usually dilute the solvents with some water.

I kept the chrome to a minimal bc mine is a trail bike and i rather not spend 3 hrs polishing after every ride banghead

As long as you clean after every ride and don't let the shit sit on the bike, the bike will stay nice..It isnt easy keeping them nice, they start to look like shit fast if you start slipping.

I always though that dune bikes are easier to maintain, but after riding glamis for 10 days i have totally different thoughts, the sand dulls the shit out of everything, my front bumper,a-arms, axle etc where so dull when i got home it was depressing. espcially since i got a full set of rims/paddles for the trip and the rims looked 2years old after the trip :whoa:

Anyways, good luck with your new toy

Joe

Edited by wacko2000

its a shit job haha i dred it everytime. If its really dirty i remove all the plastics and give it a good clean with a brush and soapy water then test drive it dry.

if its not that dirty i just get the not so hi pressure cleaner, stand back and spray.

a full clean can take upto 3 bloody hours :)

make shaw you dry all your stuff because it will rust other wise, thats why i test ride them dry.

heavy duty degreaser on all the oily spots, let it soak for 5 min, was off with a hose, spay engine pipes, chassis etc with silicon spray.

its a dirtbike not a show piece. but i still clean it right up before a big event with soap and whatnot, anything over half an hour isnt worth it.