New member, need advice on buying a Trinity modded Banshee

jsottile

Hello everyone,

I am getting ready to buy a 2000 banshee that has the following parts:

420 long rod(Trinity Racing) Stage 4 cool head, cool head ported,stage 4 intake manifold match ported to head, Procircuit pipes, 34mm 2-into-1 carb, Dyna ignition, V-force reeds, K&N filter, DG bars,bumper,nerf bars and skid plates, Alba graphics, ITP wheels with Bandit tires 6yrs old and still have nobbys on them, lots of billet accessories

The guy is the original owner and claims the engine has 20 hours since the Trinity mods. The banshee looks very clean and no noticeable damage.

1. What do you think is a fair price?

2. What questions or concerns should I have considering the mods?

3. Finally, should I perform a compression check before buying?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

yo bro! first off, welcome to the most extensive banshee information site on the internet! :cheers:

this almost always depends on location and condition of the bike. you say its in good shape, so whats your location? also, can you get us some pictures?

bad thing about buying something used is that you never know just exactly how it was put together until you tear it apart. chances are if it runs youll be ok for a while, but you never know. you have the same chance as something going wrong with new or used parts.

absolutely. get a good tester and see what it has. ask the owner how much compression its supposed to have.

Hello everyone,

I am getting ready to buy a 2000 banshee that has the following parts:

420 long rod(Trinity Racing) Stage 4 cool head, cool head ported,stage 4 intake manifold match ported to head, Procircuit pipes, 34mm 2-into-1 carb, Dyna ignition, V-force reeds, K&N filter, DG bars,bumper,nerf bars and skid plates, Alba graphics, ITP wheels with Bandit tires 6yrs old and still have nobbys on them, lots of billet accessories

The guy is the original owner and claims the engine has 20 hours since the Trinity mods. The banshee looks very clean and no noticeable damage.

Any help would be appreciated.

fair price: $2500

questions or concerns abut the mods? none because sellers will lie and tellyou what you want tohear.,

i do have a question now that ithink of it. howmany hrs on the bike before the trintiy set up and why did the owner install a graphix kit. usuallymeans the old graphics were beat up which could mean the bike was beat!1

finally: yes performa compression test.

goodluck let us know what happens

Thanks

Thanks for the advice thus far.

Here is the link with pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000-Yamaha-Banshee_W0QQitemZ280443159321QQcmdZViewItemQQptZATVs?hash=item414bb70319

I haven't seen the Banshee yet in person and plan to make a trip this week. It is about 4 hours away from me (too bad I couldn't find someone close to take an initial look).

If you guys think I could do better, let me know as I just started looking for a Banshee.

My plans with the bike is just to ride the railroad tracks and gravel roads (primarily want top-end). I don't plan to do any trail riding, hill climbing, etc. I just bought a house next to the tracks and would like something to jump on and ride. I

Tires still have nobbys on them. Yea right, on the outer edge maybe.

He doesnt know anything about the bike.

Cool head ported????????????

Intake manifold port matched to head????????????

$3000 starting bid???????????

Zero bids with the auction ending in 2 hours. Seems like people saw through his BS.

Personally I would buy from someone who knows what they have, or offer him next to nothing for it.

And welcome

For what you want to do, buy a regular ol' banshee and regear it for higher top end, you will be fine. You dont want someone elses headache, built engines arent that great for beginners, as you will always be tweaking them to make them run top notch. You can spend 1500-1800$ and you will be happy.

im was gana say something like what rodneya said and velislide... but it looks like he has a cool grab bar on there.... any body know what kind... and i wouldnt buy it he doesnt know what hes talking about.

I have to agree with these guys. Buy something from someone who knows what they have. I think your just asking for trouble buying from someone that doesn't even understand what it is they are selling.

Like Loco said, your area will determine the price. Bikes seem to be cheaper now though, and for 3k you should be able to get something decent.

SP

welcome to the hq! LOOK IT LOOKS CLEAN IN THE PICS! ASK FOR MORE PICS! AS MANNY AS YOU CAN GET! YEA YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOUR GETTING FROME SOMEONE WHO DOESENT KNOW MUTCH ABOUT IT HIM SELF... BUT WHAT IF THIS THING IS ''CHERRY''? YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO TRUST YOUR GUT! DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT!

ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME TILL YOUR TEARING IT APART AND THROWING MONEY ALL OVER IT ANYWAY!

GOOD LUCK! :cheers:

welcome to the hq! LOOK IT LOOKS CLEAN IN THE PICS! ASK FOR MORE PICS! AS MANNY AS YOU CAN GET! YEA YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOUR GETTING FROME SOMEONE WHO DOESENT KNOW MUTCH ABOUT IT HIM SELF... BUT WHAT IF THIS THING IS ''CHERRY''? YOUR GOING TO HAVE TO TRUST YOUR GUT! DO WHAT YOU THINK IS RIGHT!

ITS ONLY A MATTER OF TIME TILL YOUR TEARING IT APART AND THROWING MONEY ALL OVER IT ANYWAY!

GOOD LUCK! :cheers:

Oh yeah! Quaddaddy knows all about rebuilding a perfectly good running bike! Lol! Right? JK.

But its true. If he doesn't know what he has, then your gonna have to find out.

And it aint worth 3k

SP

Thanks guys. I may be able to get the quad a lot cheaper. My only concern is truly understanding what was done to the Banshee. He says he has every receipt including all the work done Trinity (he says the receipt shows $3,500).

Would anyone who is very familiar with these mods be willing to call the seller for me? I don't know that I would know the right questions to ask to determine what is really up with the mods. I would really appreciate if someone would be willing to do this as I am sure someone knowledgeable could tell within a few minutes is the seller knows anything about the quad.

Thanks again.