Ice Racing Videos (my first time)

NOS_350x

It didnt take me too long to pick it up. Ice Speedway came into town and Hoosier gave me a set of there new nobbies to run.

Won both my heats that night, Was on the pole for the main. On the start i got the holeshot with a good lead. Came around and the race was redflagged. In the restart i lost 1 cyl, Got 5th with a 1 cyl shee.

The studs will be an unaltered #7 to #10 hex headed screw with no more than one slot, uncut, no drilling or hollowing out of the head and the screw to be flush into the tire tightly ,not using a shim or washer to hold it out from the tire. The screw head cannot exceed 3/16” above the tire.

This is the rules for ama d14

I am using kold kutters

Ok, Im Going to try and add as many answers to the questions here as i can If you have more questions or i didnt answer soemthing please ask again. This was an ICESpeedway.com even We can only use studs purchased from them, They are Kold Kutters or something like that. I got them 5/8" long so they wouldn't go through the tire and if i wanted i could remove them and run the tire in the dirt. I have to give all the credit on the holeshot to the Hoosier tires and the stud pattern. Tomorrow I can get you pictures of the stud pattern I used. I spend alot of time thinking about the best way i could get the most traction the design i came up with is what i think is the best. Also just about everyone i raced with ran Turf tamers, I think i have a better pattern in my head for those too. BUT im not going to let that one out, The pattern for the Hoosiers ill show yall. Another thing that helped alot was tire pressure, ALOT of the guys there went checking it, but i noticed big differences in different pressures, my tire pressures where 6, 8, and 10 PSI, You can figure out what tires had what pressure in them.

Now i got a pm about the suspension, Im going to answer it in here.

I'm trying to get the shee set up for flat track/tt/ice style but am having a hard time finding a correct shock setup. every one keeps saying r6, or 300ex, but they would be to low and eliminate the proper weight transfer I think a shee needs. I know its gotta be lower, but not too low. Can I ask what shocks you use and where to get a similar set, you seem to be one of the only riders who communicates setup who has a bike that seems fairly close to what I'm lookin to build.

I have Triple Rate PEP shocks on my shee. I agree with you, You dont want to be too low, or too stiff you are loosing a TON of traction by doing both those things. The first 2 nights of the ICE racing i used my full 1/8mile dirt setup. It was hooking too early in the turns and pulling me towards the wall, So i dropped my ride height 2" from that setup. I left the LR weight at +20 LBS. The shocks are just a very good adjustable STD length shock. If i crank the spring adjusters all the way down i can jump and stuff but when i want to flattrack i get about 4-5 inches of down travel and 4 inches of up travel. IMO this is key to get the traction needed with the powerband of the shee, and the Uptravel helps when in a wheelie like situation getting on the gas you can still control and turn.

BTW, This weekend i did 2 more races after a 1800 mile drive. 4th ice race ever for me and i got 1st, the second night i got 4th starting in the 3rd row after jumping the start. More pics and videos tomorrow.

Edited by NOS_350x