What Quad You Will Choose?

GhostRider

your on a banshee forum and you ask what quad you should buy ?.

if i wanted to buy a bike and not touch it, id get a yfz450. if i wanted a killer bike that i was going to play with and fukn enjoy, id buy a banshee.

well said ! i agree !

stock or minor mods go with a yfz450 . otherwise banshee . we destroyed the 4 strokes down the turkey shoot in glamis . when i pulled 6th they where no where to be found !

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont like 4 strokes because I have had very expensive valve train problems in the past and just dont like them in general. With that said, I would buy a yfz 450r in a heartbeat if I had the extra money, with a little taller handlebar and a few bolt on mods they are in my opinion the perfect all around bike for everything except for serious drag racing. Raptors are not worth a fuck for anything unless you like the feeling of driving a small car through the woods.

Hey mikey did you get the memo that the Banshee in your sig is a waste cause it's not setup for drags?

haha..I could care less about drags dude. It will still outrun anything around my area the way it's setup. So no worries on that...Not really seeing why it's a waste either, but when talking to a dumbass like yourself it's kinda hard to get things to make sense.. As this thread shows.wink.gif

• 1 year later...

If I were running a straight stock bike no questions asked, I would buy a KTM.

I had a banshee yfz hybrid and didn't like it. I'd say the banshee is by far the most comfortable quad I've ridden, with that said I would say the best combo would be a banshee frame with new geometry.

They don't make new shee's here in the state so that's not an option on buying a new one unless ur in Canada, my in-law owns a 06 700r n I love riding that thing n my bro just bought a 09 yfz 450r n they r awesome for duning :) can't go wrong with any of those 2 if u don't plan on drag racing.

your on a banshee forum and you ask what quad you should buy ?.

if i wanted to buy a bike and not touch it, id get a yfz450. if i wanted a killer bike that i was going to play with and fukn enjoy, id buy a banshee.

my banshee only smokes when its dead cold, after that no smoke at all

X3...I sold my R6 to buy a banshee. I though a sport bike would be a "toy", but found it wasn't what I was looking for with regard to a hobby (or lifestyle as some might say). The quesiton is (as dirtydownunder asked) do you want something to ride or do you want a TOY. Now I have never owned a 4-stroke ATV, but everyone I ride with has either a 450 or 700 and all they do is ride it. I on the other hand, am always messing with my banshee (sometimes because I caused the problem) and get a warm and fuzzy from doing so. I have only owned my banshee for a short period of time and am already experancing the love/hate relationship all men should have with their toys.

IMO, if you're looking for a great all around rider, then get a YFZ450, or really any of the 450's from Honda, Yamaha, Kawasaki, KTM, ect. The 450's are always great all around riders, whether it be trails, track or dunes.

If it were me though, I'd buy a banshee. There is NO feeling like a 2 stroke ripping wide open in the mornings :cheers::headbang: