What Quad You Will Choose?

GhostRider

I got my 450 for 4500 brand new out the door. If you can infact build two banshees that are portd and good shocks and all for duning as you claim... please oh please share this knowledge with us all!

I hope your wife is a midget cause mine is only 5'2" and 105 and rides the hell out of that 450

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my 450 for 4500 brand new out the door. If you can infact build two banshees that are portd and good shocks and all for duning as you claim... please oh please share this knowledge with us all!

I hope your wife is a midget cause mine is only 5'2" and 105 and rides the hell out of that 450

My wife is 5'9'' and 130 she still is not getting on my dirt bike. That is a smoking deal and there is no way in hell your getting a 450r for that price. I bought my Banshee in peices 1,200 3 sets of carbs, 2 frames, all the mods you see in my sig, the motor was done just not put together. I got some pegs, bars, twist kit some used T-5 pipes, rebuilt the rear works shock and a power jet kit. I have a tit more then 2,200.00 into it new paddles and dirt tires. I have had it for three years no probs. I sold all the extra parts almost 600.00 so thats what around 1600.00. Now I realize you can find a used 450 and do the same but not as easy and he said new.

100_0272.jpg

100_1076.jpg

a 450r isn't a requirement. You can have a blast and ride on a sand caddy without getting a 450r. Just becasue it's out there doesn't mean you have to have it. Buy a used 450 with a few mods and your in there like swim ware. Oh and my wifes 450 is a quad not a bike. I wouldn't let my wife ride a 450 bike either.

Edited by Bansh-eman

Just outa curiosity... Why would you need Power jets on a build that small running on gas??

I ride at Sand Hollow 2000 ft and coral pinks 4500 ft. I twist a nob and I am tuned. I don't foul plugs for 50 bucks prolly on of my favorite mods. No offense but your stock purpose built duner needs some mods to be a purpose built duner. The Bansh and the 450 don't compare stock 450 wins hands down.

I ride at Sand Hollow 2000 ft and coral pinks 4500 ft. I twist a nob and I am tuned. I don't foul plugs for 50 bucks prolly on of my favorite mods. No offense but your stock purpose built duner needs some mods to be a purpose built duner. The Bansh and the 450 don't compare stock 450 wins hands down.

:rotflmao: Ok... I suppose I'll enlighten you a bit on that build that I parted nearly 5yrs ago.. It had PTR hi-rev porting PTR midrang pipes and Hi-rev pipes, 35pwks, Pyramid reed valves, cool head with custom cut domes(ran 110), Timing plate +5, Dura-blue eliminator axle, cheap works shocks front and works rebuilt stock rear. +2 swingarm. The rest of the mods are meaningless towards the orientation of the build. I built it for the dunes and then I rode my 450 that year and decided I was wasting money on the banshee. So.. I parted it out.

all i can say is that unless youre riding a sundahl framed banshee, im gonna eat you up in the sand or trails on my stock yfz450.

banshee suspensions simply cant handle what even a stock 450 suspension can. sure, you can tie up a ton of money in aftermarket shocks for the banshee, but bottom line the 450 will still be easier to control and will wear you out a hell of a lot less.

all i can say is that unless youre riding a sundahl framed banshee, im gonna eat you up in the sand or trails on my stock yfz450.

banshee suspensions simply cant handle what even a stock 450 suspension can. sure, you can tie up a ton of money in aftermarket shocks for the banshee, but bottom line the 450 will still be easier to control and will wear you out a hell of a lot less.

:notworthy::cheers:

over thanks giving my banshee blew a head gasket i think but anyways my friend let me ride his maas kfx400 box stock with a slip on pipe and next to my banshee with +2+1 a arms ishock front shocks and a marvin shaw rear coilover set for desert and my weight the kfx felt like i could race baja on it after riding the banshee.. i love banshees and the way they scream but you cant compair to the newer STOCK suspension even with after market banshee suspension... it was a bit slow tho.. if your lookin for speed go banshee but if you want to cruise and ride all day with plush suspension go 4poker.

:rotflmao: Ok... I suppose I'll enlighten you a bit on that build that I parted nearly 5yrs ago.. It had PTR hi-rev porting PTR midrang pipes and Hi-rev pipes, 35pwks, Pyramid reed valves, cool head with custom cut domes(ran 110), Timing plate +5, Dura-blue eliminator axle, cheap works shocks front and works rebuilt stock rear. +2 swingarm. The rest of the mods are meaningless towards the orientation of the build. I built it for the dunes and then I rode my 450 that year and decided I was wasting money on the banshee. So.. I parted it out.

Just curious why do you have a stocker? Why the +2 swinger? Yeah that does sound purpose built. Glad you like the 450 but I still am not moving my shee for one thats kinda why I got a bike.

I will agree with the wear you out stuff and yes you can spend a ton of money on aftermarket suspenders. I have Works triples with rezzies setup for me, not that expensive and say what you want, my quad works way better then a stock suspended 450. Is it close to my buddies 450 with Elka elites no. He still can't roll with me though my wot is stronger then his. I won't say you are or are not faster then me there is always someone faster and if you ever head out this way I am always up for a challenge. WTF how is at that on a banshee site I am one of the few defending it. You won't ever hear me say a 450 is a peice of shit but I will say a KFX 400 is.

Edited by billybobby

WTF how is at that on a banshee site I am one of the few defending it. You won't ever hear me say a 450 is a peice of shit but I will say a KFX 400 is.

its not that we dont like banshees, its just that many feel they have their purpose, as do the 450's.

for going straight, whether it be up hill or on flat ground, theres nothing out there thats gonna touch a banshee. dollar for dollar, you just cant do it.

for the tight, technical shit, the 450's cant be beat.

my banshee has elkas all the way around on it. it rides awesome, but i still feel that i can go faster on my 450, aside from running in a straight line. theres a reason that the new 450's dominate mx, gncc, tt, etc.. i think the main reason may not even be so much suspension as it is rideability. the 450's just dont wear you out nearly as much.

that said, kfz400, ltz400 and 400ex are all fucking slow ass turds..

i like this discussion. lots of good points in here. im not sure it would help anyone decide on what to buy, but theres some good stuff in here. :cheers: