What Quad You Will Choose?

GhostRider

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i would def chosse banshee, 2 of friends bought yfzs brand new last year and they had nothing with problems ,1 dropped a valve in the engine and one shot the crank into the tranny, imo they are unreliable, if you do end up getting one be prepared to spend money fixing it

i would def chosse banshee, 2 of friends bought yfzs brand new last year and they had nothing with problems ,1 dropped a valve in the engine and one shot the crank into the tranny, imo they are unreliable, if you do end up getting one be prepared to spend money fixing it

Not true in my opinion. i have owned a 07 yfz for 2 years that i have bought new, and i ride the hell out of it in the woods and tight trails up to drag racing and i have not had a single issue with the motor. maintaince is the key to a good running machine. i clean air filters after every ride and change oil every 8 hours. i love my yfz. it is a awsome ride. just my .02

hey everyones going to tell you different things, it all depends on what you like , imo they are badass quads but noone i know has has good luck with them and they rip right off the showroom floor, sometimes you catch bad lemons like cars, i seen a 08 civic si blow up a motor with 25k on it ,

i find the banshee is more fun... and like half the price... so u can spend the other half on mods :headbang:

but the yfz450 is a better ride stock :)

Yes the 450 is way better stock. You said dunes though why would get anything else? A Banshee with a good port job, pipes, carbs, A arms, axle, shocks, Ims pegs and a good set of bars is unbeatable in the dunes. You can pick a used one up for pennies right now, through some parts at it and wake her up you won't be dissapointed. You can easily do all this for way cheaper then a new 450. Fouled out you said E start as one of the reasons. I could see that if you were talking about kicking over a 450 but a banshee, common man if you can't kick over a banshee you should do the world a favor and shoot yourself .

now is a good time to snag a new leftover yfz450 that is still carbed. everyone seems to want the EFI, but personally ill take the carbed model any day.

the 450r is actually heavier than the regular 450.

there are some significant differences in the suspension and frames of the two bikes.

either bike is badass.. we have a 2006, 2007 and 2009 450r in the family. the 450r is pretty fuckin sweet. i just think you can snag a regular 450 for a lot less.

Yes the 450 is way better stock. You said dunes though why would get anything else? A Banshee with a good port job, pipes, carbs, A arms, axle, shocks, Ims pegs and a good set of bars is unbeatable in the dunes. You can pick a used one up for pennies right now, through some parts at it and wake her up you won't be dissapointed. You can easily do all this for way cheaper then a new 450. Fouled out you said E start as one of the reasons. I could see that if you were talking about kicking over a 450 but a banshee, common man if you can't kick over a banshee you should do the world a favor and shoot yourself .

Come and kick my banshee over... We'll do the world a favor and shoot ya after.. yelrotflmao.gif

Have you ever Raced Hare Scrambles?? If you have then you would know that a Electrics start is WAY better. Its about the convienence.. not the ability to do it. Do you use a TV remote? (dont even say no.. )

I'll take my 450 over my banshee in the dunes.. It just more all around fun. The only thing a banshee has on a 450 is straight line drags. Everyone can sit here and argue that fact. But... Its true. There is a reason why the 450's are taking over.. Even in the amateur ranks where sponsorship is non-existent.

Come and kick my banshee over... We'll do the world a favor and shoot ya after.. yelrotflmao.gif

Have you ever Raced Hare Scrambles?? If you have then you would know that a Electrics start is WAY better. Its about the convienence.. not the ability to do it. Do you use a TV remote? (dont even say no.. )

I'll take my 450 over my banshee in the dunes.. It just more all around fun. The only thing a banshee has on a 450 is straight line drags. Everyone can sit here and argue that fact. But... Its true. There is a reason why the 450's are taking over.. Even in the amateur ranks where sponsorship is non-existent.

Agree^^^

All these guys that are saying Banshee probably don't own a 4stroke. I love riding my wife’s 450 in the dunes. You can lug that thing, rip it, jump it, drag it (although it's not very fast when stock). You name it, they can do it. All around generally speaking it is a better bike for multiple uses.

Agree^^^

All these guys that are saying Banshee probably don't own a 4stroke. I love riding my wife’s 450 in the dunes. You can lug that thing, rip it, jump it, drag it (although it's not very fast when stock). You name it, they can do it. All around generally speaking it is a better bike for multiple uses.

word. the 450 is by far the more versatile bike. ive had a banshee now since 2001. ive had a yfz450 since 2004. if i had to give one up, its gonna be the banshee, even though its faster, more fun to ride and it looks cool. its just not nearly as well rounded as the 450.

I had a couple banshees,then a 05' special edition yfz450,then a 06' YZF450 and now Im back to banshees.I like the handling and powerband of the 450 ,especially the dirtbikes,completely different animal than the quad version.

But they are way too expensive to maintain...the titanium valves will only take so much abuse , those pancake pistons are not worth a shit IMO. and the oiling system still sucks on those engines.

I think the YFZ is definitely the best of the 450's..but i would not invest in another 4 stroke.