best hooking dirt tire

krauss4

what about pro wedge II's?

people around home swear by them but i havent seen much about em online.

my neighbor had holeshots on his raptor and they wouldnt hook for anything. he put the pro wedges on and couldnt get em to turn over to save his life.

pro wedges actually do hook pretty well, but due to the fact ama labels them a paddle tire, i never bothered running them.

pro wedges are great tires but they are not for hard packed dirt they are for more of a deeper terrain, like sand,snow and more of a softer ground

i agree. ive run them on hard packed dirt and they didnt hook too well.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder how a cut Razar with the H pattern would compare to a cut Knarly?

I had the Ohtsu's on my big bore 400ex and they did a good job but seemed to wear out fast. I prefer the Dunlops.

they dont compare at all. i tried the razrs and irazrs back in the day. i cut them, and they just didnt hook that hard.

i went through literally hundreds of dollars worth of tires before i got to the knarlys. id love to have all that money back.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Are the STI Dirt Trax comparable? Anyone running these? This might be another good tire to cut...

yes these are also good tires cut or not cut. these actually used to be the trail claw 2's. the company quit making them and went out of business but it seems that STI has bought the mold and started making them again. they are a good tire.

It looks as if that paddle bar design works the best for dirt drags.has anyone tried shaving a little weight off of one of these?.The bars measure .500

2e37cjd.jpg

I always wanted to try them but they are pricey. I found to work best so far is the 22x11x8 cut turf tamers. You get more side wall with the 8 inch rim...

007-1.jpg

Hey guys I looked on kenda's web site and the knarly they show there don't look the same as the one's in the pic on the quad with the cut knarly's in the post's here. Anyone know if kenda changed them?

i dont know if kenda changed them or not. i dont believe they have as i just bought a set earlier this year. rockymountainatv.com has them. check there.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone tried the new razor ballance tire yet. The lugs look like they are spaced out lots, maby they would hookup good. . .

i havent seen anything special about them that would make me believe they are any better than any other razr tire. just another gimmick tire by a company that makes shitty tires.

Has anyone tried the new razor ballance tire yet. The lugs look like they are spaced out lots, maby they would hookup good. . .

I got a set of these tires on my bike right now, heres a little video of how good these tires hook.

also got me the holeshot at the ironman gncc

only reason I got these tires is cause I got em dirt cheap, no way I would pay 90-100$ for em like they list for new. they are a mean tire with huge durable lugs and good spacing. a little more aggressive then the ITP holeshot gncc tires.