Brock Lesnar..Down and out with mononucleosis

SAVAGE420

http://www.thestar.com/sports/article/726440--lesnar-needs-surgery-ufc-boss-says

Shouldnt have been smoken all the good buds up here then eating Poutine all day LOL

But oh well shit happens "literally :rotflmao: i wasn't really a fan anyways.

past steroid use catchin up to Brock, maybe? i doubt it but i also wouldnt be surprised.....

i smell another interim title bout comin up here. Nogeuira had to back out of the Velasquez fight due to injury, and if Lesnar cant defend the belt within a reasonable time frame i wouldn't be surprised to see Carwin vs. Velasquez for an interim title holder who would fight Brock when he returns.......

Ive read from several sources online that it is a much more serious condition then mono. One deal I read on fightforum said that he had taken so much HGH during his time in WWE, that his heart in enlarged, causing his collapse in Canada. No matter what he has, sounds like he isnt going to be fighting for quite some time.

past steroid use catchin up to Brock, maybe? i doubt it but i also wouldnt be surprised.....

i smell another interim title bout comin up here. Nogeuira had to back out of the Velasquez fight due to injury, and if Lesnar cant defend the belt within a reasonable time frame i wouldn't be surprised to see Carwin vs. Velasquez for an interim title holder who would fight Brock when he returns.......

thats pretty much what im thinking. i hate interims, but someone has to defend a belt.

Hardy is getting a title shot way faster than most other fighters have ever received one. i would say Hardy vs. Johnson (i'm assuming Johnson will handle Kos easily and be professional enough to make his cut) with the winner to fight GSP. Downfall with that theory is it would be February before Hardy/Johnson could get at it so the winner wouldn't be able to challenge GSP until around May of next year and thats way too long of a layoff for GSP and not fair to him. He should get his next fight by March of next year at the latest.

I didnt expect hardy to beat swick so kudos to hardy, but swick didnt look as good as i've seen him before. Hardy's got a powerful left hand (he used to knock out markham) and he had it dialed in to counter swick all night. i cant believe that swick didnt try something else when it became obvious that hardy would just keep countering with his left. That said, Hardy impressed me but i dont know if, after 3 fights, hes really earned a shot at GSP yet. It would have been nice to see Hardy fight the likes of Alves or Fitch, (a perennial contender) or even Carlos Condit who is a former champ. Swick is a good fighter, but hes not a perennial top 5 guy.

Im not too excited about hardy and gsp GSP is my fav, so I am confident he will win easily. HOWEVER, hardy can let his hands go pretty damn fast. I am more excited to see what happens with kos and johnson, winner of that get a shot at GSP.

I just read the tuf deal to. I cant see GSP doing that show, he does not have the personality to do it imo. Coaches are usually ego maniacs that talk shit back and forth and I just dont see him doing it.

i agree about hardy/rumble for title shot.. makes more sense to me.

Thats what I want to see. Thats assuming rumble wins this weekend, which I think he will.

If it went that way it probobly would be a while before we got a GSP/rumble fight. I think it would be worth it though. I dont think the GSP/hardy will be anything special.

im excited about the fight this weekend! I think kos and rumble will be very good. kos' standup has improved alot, both guys have great KO power. I wonder if kos' wrestling will be the deciding factor? I honestly cant see him being dumb enough to stand and exchange blows with rumble for too long. If thats how the fight goes, who ever connects first will win.