Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They have online play, but they are not allowing dedicated servers and that is bullshit if you are a PC gamer. This is a huge deal. I am still looking into it and seeing if it is only temporary. But if they not allowing servers, it may be a deal breaker for me. As much as I love the game, they took away what made it great.

Basically on a PC when you login, you get to chose what type of game you want to play, then you can chose what server you would like to play it on. Not anymore. You login, and chose what type of game, and they stick you in a random game with whomever. They turned into a consol style game and not a PC game like COD has always been.

What this means for the PC is,

No more clan matches unless you host it from your PC (and max 16 players). If oyu host it from a PC and nto a server, expect HUGE lag. No customized game play like tactical, no running allowed, no cussing, or adults only, ext.... No playing only with people you know. Expect super lag time b/c everyone’s PC is different and now you cannot set server definitions for lower ping users only. The list goes on.

That is just what they say on IW.net. We won't know until online gameplay starts for the PC tonight. I do know that cheats and glitches are much easier to control on a dedicated server. Punkbuster, live mods, and private games are easier to manage. No way can IW have a mod for each game being played. Now they are opening the door to hackers. They tried it with Halo and failed (it is all hacks and cheats). The servers is pretty much what made COD popular and why it is on consol.