Anybody have a Droid yet?

rubberneck

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That phone is Sweet. Faster than shit.

I'll never own one, I don't like touch screen...but I used it for about an hour yesterday, email, surfing the web, etc.

5MP camera takes nice pictures as well.

Here's that commercial Tyler, comical!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YCbYTrYD5y8

sweet good info, im pretty sure im going to go droid, just need to make it down to the verizon store and get it done.

Well I finally did it. Switched to Verizon just to get the Droid, and it was the best thing I could have done. It is awsome. All I needed and more. Now I get 3g everywhere I go. Doesnt hurt that I get a 20% discount because of the company that I work for either. I got a discount through att also but not that much, made it a lot easier to switch, although I started out with them when they were Southwestern Bell.

well i just got me a black berry tour and fuckin love it.. email is awsome the web is better then my ipod touch (same as iphone) i can go to beemp3.com straight from the phone and get free music anywere im at.. fuckin love the track ball.. black berry all day haha i have a app store like the ipone and its pretty fast all around.. i dont even use my jail broken ipod touch anymore .. almost got the curve 2 but id rather have a track ball... its just easier. :headbang:

Once you get a trackpad, you won't look back at a track ball.

I had my 8330 Curve since February.

I got my Curve 8530 Wednesday last week. It has ups and downs, it's a solid phone...

The only things the Tour has on it is world capable phone, bigger screen and a better camera with flash.

They Curve 8530 share the same processor, amount of memory...and the Tour is on the older 4.X OS.

Wait till you put the 5.X OS on the phone. Worlds better...the 8530 has the 5.X OS just like on the Storm, but the 8530 actually works...LOL.

You can find a leaked/hybrid 5.X for the Tour on crackberry.com I'm sure.

actually 5.0.03 OS is out now, just install the disk that comes with the phone, and it will update automatically then plug in your phone and install the new update. Also its not a bad idea to backup your phone every now and then. Just plug it in goto your desktop manager thing, and backup. This way if your phone shits or you loose it you dont loose all of your contacts. You can also save your pictures doing this also..

Aha...was not aware the Tour was shipped with 5.x.

I have a BES server at work. I can tell you that it's amazing. You don't have to worry about Shit...

If you lose a phone, you kill the device, this causes the phone to get wiped if it's turned on, remotely.

Literally....wiped to factory spec.

Then you activate your new one, and all your email, text, address book, calendar...everything, all there.

It even sets up your icons the way you had it, etc.

I have an Iphone 3Gs and I love it. I have the otter box case for when I need it, but the glass screen is SUPER durable (unless u drop it hard of course) but it is very scratch resistant. Great phone, so If u are with AT&T I would stick with them and just get an iphone.

update: I have had the droid for a week, now and couldnt be happier. Very fast on the internet, and i love being able to run multiple apps at once. the google maps is nice too. Austin and dave, i have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about, but i will be emailing you when i have phone questions. LOL :rotflmao:

LOL...:)

All good.

By the way...there's a strong rumor the Iphone will be available for Verizon in 2010. Their exclusive contract with ATT is at/near the end.

Obviously, they'll have to change the GSM to CDMA...but that's a drop in the bucket for Apple.

Can you imagine an Iphone on the best network in the country?

I would entertain the idea...but...I gotta tell you, blackberry does email that well for a corporate customer.

Even though the Iphone does email, it still has a Windows/Mobile Sync feel/flavor to it, not like the Blackberry!!

All good.

By the way...there's a strong rumor the Iphone will be available for Verizon in 2010. Their exclusive contract with ATT is at/near the end.

Obviously, they'll have to change the GSM to CDMA...but that's a drop in the bucket for Apple.

I would entertain the idea...but...I gotta tell you, blackberry does email that well for a corporate customer.

Even though the Iphone does email, it still has a Windows/Mobile Sync feel/flavor to it, not like the Blackberry!!

you have much more experience than i in that field, but at this point, i cant see any advantage to an i phone over the droid really. Not for what i need it to do. so far i love the droid

All good.

You know I heard the same thing, but then they say that its just a rumor. But who knows maybe Verizon got there head out of there ass and realized when they were too sting'e about not getting enough money from Apple for the phones, they realized what they actually lost in total customers. I agree with you though man I dig my blackberry. But I think the ultimate phone would be (not that its made) I-BERRY P2T(push to talk) that would have everything of all the worlds. Even if you did service for 99.99 a month can you imagine the amount of people that would have this.

You know I heard the same thing, but then they say that its just a rumor. But who knows maybe Verizon got there head out of there ass and realized when they were too sting'e about not getting enough money from Apple for the phones, they realized what they actually lost in total customers. I agree with you though man I dig my blackberry. But I think the ultimate phone would be (not that its made) I-BERRY P2T(push to talk) that would have everything of all the worlds. Even if you did service for 99.99 a month can you imagine the amount of people that would have this.

i know for a fact that the iphone will be for metro pcs in summer