Best Sparkplugs?

Hey whats up, names nick. I'm new on here this is my first forum post.

I bought RM Stator's Hot ignition Coil and I was wondering what are the correct spark plugs for it?

also bought RM Stator's 200w Stator w/ Adjustable Timing Plate (set it at +4) and A/C Regulator to power my two 4inch PIAAs with 100w bulbs. If you have any reviews or experience with this package please let me know.

Advice and Tips appreciated!

Thanks!

I hope that french fuck is finallly puttin oem replacement "SYLE" boots on his coils.Had a few problems with that guy and his service sucks Dick! He claims oem style replacement but it comes with old style boots that will not go on to any Ngk or champion plug I've seen people running in their banshees. Had to reuse my old stock boots. The coil is alright, But nothing special, The plate is garbage though! Both mine and a guy I ride with from up north had those cheap ass plates wobble the ears for the mounting holes break/crack off and wound up with a stator that looked like hillbilly teeth. The fly wheel, hell I had to replace that to cuz the stator destroyed the inside of it once it let loose.I actually got his stuff and with in minutes was pissed that the bolts/screws were only hand tightened and I had to take the whole thing apart and loctite every thing.My pops is a machinist so I know to not overtighten/strip aluminum, especially cast.

My best advice is to check all hardware twice and make sure that plate gets Loctite,and try to save 50 bones to get a new chariot plate instead ASAP.

As far as the plugs, Br8 NGK is usually what people say, However Duncan Racing states that bikes with hotter ignitions or higher compression should avoid the 8 series plugs and go with a 9 series plug to combat heat.Personally my bike runs better on the br9.

http://duncanracing.com/TechCenter/Nat_YamahaBansheeNatKitAssemblyNotes5-20-04.pdf

the link is for their national kit tips, but its equel to moderately built motor

Edited by trickedcarbine

B8ES since they are non resisted. You could run a projected tip spark plug. It will hang down in the combustion chamber a little more. BP8ES for the non resisted, or BPR8ES for the resisted.

B9ES's are not needed unless your running methanol

Your best bet is to send all that junk back. Do a search on here for Ricky Stator. I know you said your stuff is RM Stator but there stuff looks just like the Ricky Stator Stuff. The stuff probably comes from the same crap hole 3rd world country in Asia.

I went through 3 Ricky Stators, all of them had High RPM misses. It ran real crusty on the top end. I was chasing my jetting all over the place until a slapped an OEM yamaha one on.

I also had a RS flywheel. The rivits loosend up one sheared and it took out my pickup coil.

100_2219.jpg

100_2226.jpg

100_2224.jpg

Although I missed you before you headed to the desert, in the furture don't waste your mney buying plugs at moto world, FBC, or any of those places. Go to PEP Boys or any place like that and buy the plugs. You can get them for like 2 bucks each rather then 7 or 8 like the shops charge for the same plug.

don't worry too much....ricky stator and RM stator are 2 different companies, although we are stiil waiting to see if the company prooves unreliable since they are relatively new. so far-so-good

They may be different companies, but they are selling the EXACT SAME SHIT as Ricky Stator.

Since they both get their shit done in China....you can expect the same results.

You couldn't give me their shit unless you wanted me to make a video blowing it up or using it for fishing anchors.

I have used just about every spark plug out there...and always come back to 2.00 a pop BR8ES for stockers and B9ES for my alky bike.

One of these days, I will get my hands on some Nology Silver Plugs...just for giggles. I've tried Irridium, split fire, Denso, Platinum...just about everything....

As said, Pep Boys, Auto Zone, etc.

I get mine from my good buddy Rich at Richard's automotive. Not only a local guy, but a supporter and promoter of our racing.

http://www.richardsautoparts.com/