tires

guys i need to break down and get me some tires. i ride alot of pretty hard core trails with my buddy. they all ride grizzlys and these tires i got just dont grab. i need something that will hold up good and dig down deep and grab. not sure what my options are. any suggestions would be appreciated. i have been look and the holeshots and razrs but not sure.

loco i thought you might be pleased to hear i recently acquired a free set of stock yfz tires, they are in pretty good shape, can still see the green outside chalk line in a few spots, treads worn a little bit on one side but never flipped around and worn on other side, anyway cant beat free, ive ridden them on my friends stock yfz years ago but everything hooks up good on those, ill mount em on some old rims and see how well they work on the banshee.. youll be the first to hear about it if they suck :whoa:

Edited by Michael Jackson

loco i thought you might be pleased to hear i recently acquired a free set of stock yfz tires, they are in pretty good shape, can still see the green outside chalk line in a few spots, treads worn a little bit on one side but never flipped around and worn on other side, anyway cant beat free, ive ridden them on my friends stock yfz years ago but everything hooks up good on those, ill mount em on some old rims and see how well they work on the banshee.. youll be the first to hear about it if they suck :whoa:

cant beat free. i think youll find you like them. they are pretty lightweight so id look for the banshee to be able to turn them over pretty easily.

I seen alot of guys running them since the price of Razr 2s went up and quite frankly I cant really tell the diffrence. Im gonna buy a set as a backup pair. I want them Ballance Razrs though.

If you run with alot of 4x4s Im guessing you have to step up to 22s cause of the deep ruts and mud puddles and whatnot. Mabey you should think of a sport Mud tire Like Mudsharks (if they still make em) I ran them whn I first got the quad and I loved them. Espically for mud and ruts. They come in 20s too.

I seen alot of guys running them since the price of Razr 2s went up and quite frankly I cant really tell the diffrence. Im gonna buy a set as a backup pair. I want them Ballance Razrs though.

If you run with alot of 4x4s Im guessing you have to step up to 22s cause of the deep ruts and mud puddles and whatnot. Mabey you should think of a sport Mud tire Like Mudsharks (if they still make em) I ran them whn I first got the quad and I loved them. Espically for mud and ruts. They come in 20s too.

yeah def. gonna step up the size thanks for the info guys keep in coming.

all i run with is 4pokes, and i usually have to wait for them to catch up. usually through tight woods, and runs through the mud real well. not as deep lug as vampires, and the pic doesn't do it justice as what the really look like....kenda bear claw also, check into super swampers

Maxxis I razr or the orignal razr by far the most durable and hooking tire in the rough stuff

Or you could try the ITP GNCC tires,,, tough as hell and won't puncture like a cheap set of tires will.I'd rather spend the extra couple of dollars on a good set, if your running in the rough stuff, then save a few bucks and get yourself a flat while your buddies are laughing at you.

Edited by Angel ripper