fire.... but no start

My banshee has been sitting for a very long time (almost 2 years) because of a igntion issue, well me and my buddy finally pulled it out last week and started testing and found the stator was bad, so i replaced it and now get plenty of spark.......Now it doesnt even sound like it wants to start, im pretty postive its getting gas and have double checked all the little things, 2moro we are taking the carbs off to check them. I have also heard if the flywheel isnt on right the plugs wont fire like they are suppose too????

Any Advice

My banshee has been sitting for a very long time (almost 2 years) because of a igntion issue, well me and my buddy finally pulled it out last week and started testing and found the stator was bad, so i replaced it and now get plenty of spark.......Now it doesnt even sound like it wants to start, im pretty postive its getting gas and have double checked all the little things, 2moro we are taking the carbs off to check them. I have also heard if the flywheel isnt on right the plugs wont fire like they are suppose too????

Any Advice

Ok the first thing you want to do is pull the plug and make sure your getting spark ! if your getting spark pull the carbs and clean them . make sure you take the jets out of the carbs and clean them well, after sitting for 2 years there is a good chance they are all plugged up ! if you have a repaire manual it tells how to test the ingnition source, but it sounds like you already did that when you tested the stator ? does the fly wheel still have good magnetic pull ? does it still have the T.O.R.S system on it ?

Edited by Paul M

Ok the first thing you want to do is pull the plug and make sure your getting spark ! if your getting spark pull the carbs and clean them . make sure you take the jets out of the carbs and clean them well, after sitting for 2 years there is a good chance they are all plugged up ! if you have a repaire manual it tells how to test the ingnition source, but it sounds like you already did that when you tested the stator ? does the fly wheel still have good magnetic pull ? does it still have the T.O.R.S system on it ?

Yea im getting spark, and no tors system.....im guessing its the carbs, thats really all it could be

Yea im getting spark, and no tors system.....im guessing its the carbs, thats really all it could be

Lol, 2 years, 1 thing for sure is the carbs are guaranteed to be clogged. for me if i leave the bowls of the carbs full of gas for 5 days it gets clogged.

But since you said it stopped working 2 years ago as well, at that time the carbs must have been fine and it still wouldnt start then its not only the carbs sounds like something else too but ive got no clue, although it could be the stator you replaced, and now its a carb problem, so yeah id clean the carbs XD

take the carbs clean them up real good, use air pressure to blow the pilot jet and main, put it back together see what happens if it still dont start, then try putting a little bit of gas in the top of the pistons manually and see if it starts if it does start then its the carbs for sure, if not then its still something electrical, easiest way to see what is up

Got to have air, fuel, and spark, spark at the correct time. If the flywheel key is sheared or just pushed out and its off say 45 degrees it will never start you might occasionaly get a back fire. Pull the flywheel and make sure the key is in correclty. Also make sure the carbs are clean, and if there stock make sure the choke tube is in between the carbs.