i want a BA trail quad.

hey as of now i just have my toomey tr6's strapped on her and she runs good without messing with the jetting, because i plan on upgrading the carbs soon. but if i were to jet what would yall recommed? also to make a sick a$$ trail quad what would you recommed, my plans are bigger carbs, reeds, and eliminating the air box. anything else i should think of. no price limit, but i want it fast as anything on the trail while still being reliable

You better re-jet it with those pipes. NOt sure what I'd recommend with a stock filter and lid.

You won't have to spend that much on the motor, but you'll need to spend quite a bit on the suspension to get what you want. I'd just buy a YFZ for trail bike.

DO NOT RIDE IT UNTIL YOU HAVE REJETTED unless you wanna have to tear your motor apart real soon!

Like he said, you better re-jet, 10 bucks in jets are going to cost you 300+ in a rebuild. You can go right to Toomey's website and see their jetting recommendation. Checking your jetting comes with owning a 2-stroke, you have to take the time.

IMO for a trail quad I would get some 22" tires for better ground clearance, up the gear ratio by dropping the front sprocket or raising the rear, shorter swing arm, might even think about a 2 into 1 carb setup.

yeah when i bought my pipes from the guy he sent out the jets i need for the pipes i bought. but i started it up and ran great so i didn tthink i would have to mess with it, thank you for that info. also i want more mid to top end so i dont want a 2 into 1 carb. and besides trails i just mess around and drag in fields and what not so i dont want XC type banshee just something that will be sick all round. but i dont do much sand riding so i dont need that. any more suggestions, but new jets will be on in a day

yeah when i bought my pipes from the guy he sent out the jets i need for the pipes i bought. but i started it up and ran great so i didn tthink i would have to mess with it, thank you for that info. also i want more mid to top end so i dont want a 2 into 1 carb. and besides trails i just mess around and drag in fields and what not so i dont want XC type banshee just something that will be sick all round. but i dont do much sand riding so i dont need that. any more suggestions, but new jets will be on in a day

I have an aggressive trail port, ptr mids, plus 4 timing, 2-1 carb, and 22cc domes and I have no complaints other than the vf3's im still running. Even though vf3's seem to be the best all around there really best for mid to top end. The way I look at it is where I ride I rarely have the opportunity to go over 50mph, but I get there fast. So if your looking for something that you can just ride in the trails occasionaly you should aim more for mid-top rather than aim towards low end, because when you get a lot of lowend you usually lose a lot of top end.

yeah i plan on making it more mid-top end. will vf3 fit any size carb i get?

Yea, the reeds sit in the intake of the cylinder, then the boots, then the carbs. The reeds are all the same size unless its an aftermarket cylinder but there still usually the same. If your looking for vf3's hit me up because i'm trying to get rid of mine for something with low-mid tension reeds.