Went 4poke... I dunno about it

MarineNYC

i told you so. real banshee guys find thumpers fun for about a week. then they miss their banshee. shoulda kept your banshee. it was one of the toughest ones on this board. start from scratch and put a big tank on it.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was happy with my banshee until I found HQ....then I found out what it could be like. I knew I needed to go bigger and better. I will build another for sure, but this time around it will be with patience. I already have a plan brewing in my head. The YFZ is fun and a bad ass bike, but you cannot compare the two bikes.

i have a slightly different opinion on 4strokes then most.

IF you think you have to have one, get a used raptor 700, find it cheap.

Take the fucker apart, get the head ported, 5mil stroker, bore it to a 770,

get a dyna ignition, dual exhaust, bolt it back together and take off. They run very fast, reliable, and all that work is pretty inexpensive. In my opinion you got the 2nd worst 4 stroke sport bike made.

You def should have gotten the yfz they rev higher and quicker than the 450rs. They also handles better but this has all been previously stated. And as far as the 450r winning everything, to my knowledge when the 450s came out the YFZ was ALWAYS the number 1 competitor. Every mag ive read since they have been out the honda has got whooped by the yfz.

Whats good Sean

Hate to see you in this situation, I gave you my opinion from day one on how i felt about the 450r

I was giving you my complete 100% honest opinion for a reason. from the group i ride with, we have every 450 except the ktm, I have riden all of them many many many times and the honda is by far my least favorite, from the ride, suspension, power delivery. Just everything about i didnt like.

Im sure that once you get the suspension bolted up and the motor worked alittle more you will be happy. Its just gonna take some time and tweeking to get it the way you are comfortable.

My yfz has grown on me alot, I really like the feel of it, I actually dont have one compliant about the yfz, its obviously not going to be as fast as my banshee bc there isnt much done to it, but the suspenions and power delivery is pretty much perfect for what it is.

Bro if you need help with anything or just wanna call me and scream about how much you miss your shee, Im here for ya bro.

0o0o and if u wat i have a few banshee's in the garage , come over ill let ya ride one up and down the driveway.. :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao:

I've never ridden a 450r, but my Nephew bought a YFZ last year. I rode it and was impressed with the power, they don't do bad at all even bone stock. I think the power delivery on them is the closest i've seen to a Banshee in any four-stroke i've ridden.. revs really high and quick.

If you miss your Banshee so much just cancel all of the thousands of dollars you spent on the Axis suspension AND the Thousand or so your gonna dump into the motor and get a decent Banshee and stick with a GT Thunder Respring/valve job on your TRX. They know their shit. I would get that done before turning a 3000 dollar TRX into a 6-8 Thousand dollar GNCC Bike. I think your "Genious" Buddies dug a hole for you First with the 450 then with the AXI$$$$.

I still want to try a can am 450. I think they look tight and are powered by Rotax Single bolt steel frame, No whimpy Aluminum, and they cut the weight down as much as they could.!!! Cant go wrong with that. I wonder if they are as powerfull or moreso than the YFZs? Any of you guys ever ride one?