Holeshots? Razors? Kendas?

flyRTby

Looking for a aggressive looking and ass kicking REAR tire for my Banshee. I'm currently running Turf Tamers. They are nice for the multi-purpose. street to dirt. But its time for some new ones.

I like the Hole shot style. Mean look and they definitely out perform my turf's out of the hole. hole shots and razors look almost identical.. so I'm wondering, with hole shots, are you paying for the name? or are they worth it?

Open to suggestions.

Also tire size? Is 20 the way to go? as a nice middle of the road?

i would def go with a 20 in tire. You'll notice that the holeshots will wear a little faster than the razrs but they grab a little harder then them so i guess it is all on what you want them for. they both go for around the same price. I just got a new set of 20 in holeshot hds this year and no complaints so far. there also 11 in wide so pretty nice for the trails. ive only ran them like 5 times though then i blew a crank bearing but i ride Hard and they hold up. My buddy has had them on his rappy 700 for about 1 1/2 yrs and they still grab pretty hard.

• 2 weeks later...

I have to agree with TwistedSheeRida, I love the hookup ability of my Holeshots but they are wearing fast. And if you do any road riding, which none of us do because that would be illegal...forget it! You can see the wear on the tread within ten minutes of riding.

I’m not sure yet what I will get when these are toast, maybe Kendas, maybe Maxxis, maybe another set of ITPs. :confused:

Edited by AssWhore

• 6 months later...

kenda klaw work great wear nice hook hard..

holeshots work well but are toast in a just a months...

turf tamers work great IF you grove them.. other than that they are ok for very hard pack and thats all..

Looking for a aggressive looking and ass kicking REAR tire for my Banshee. I'm currently running Turf Tamers. They are nice for the multi-purpose. street to dirt. But its time for some new ones.

I like the Hole shot style. Mean look and they definitely out perform my turf's out of the hole. hole shots and razors look almost identical.. so I'm wondering, with hole shots, are you paying for the name? or are they worth it?

Open to suggestions.

Also tire size? Is 20 the way to go? as a nice middle of the road?

the razors last much longer than the hole shots and hook up about the same I've had both and will buy the razors again