anyone used athena 68mm cylinders?

twinrock

i saw these are they any good..im not wanting a full drag set up, i know athena make good stuff for other road bikes..but never seen them for banshees..i think its odd that i can only find pics of the box..lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ATHENA-BIG-BORE-CYLINDER-KIT-392cc-BANSHEE-YFZ350_W0QQitemZ360188038262QQcmdZViewItemQQptZMotors_ATV_Parts_Accessories?hash=item53dce14c76&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i saw these are they any good..im not wanting a full drag set up, i know athena make good stuff for other road bikes..but never seen them for banshees..i think its odd that i can only find pics of the box..lol

http://cgi.ebay.com/...d=p4506.c0.m245

i was wondering the same thing when I came across them on ebay

Before I shelled out that money for a box, I'd pay for a reputable builder's port job.

If you wanted a bolt on kit, I'd go with these.

Are they a cub? No...but you don't want a full on drag motor.

http://vitosperformance.com/atv_parts/product.php?productid=11399&cat=202&page=1

out of the box... how good are they..?

they alot stronger than stockers? or will u have to get them ported ??

Could you port these to run them with a 4mil crank? Or do they already have porting for stock stroke? I googled them and didn't really see too much info on them. I would like to do a 4mil, but would also like to do a bigger bore at the same time, these might be the ticket. Sleeving seems like a hassle, although maybe it's easier than it sounds.

Here's the problem with sleeving a set of stockers.

It sucks...:)

Plus, when you sleeve you lose tranfer area. These cylinders have the bigger bore with more transfer area and triple port exhaust.

Vitos sells them...they do offer a 4 mil crank.

The cylinders I posted a link to are for a 4 mil long rod crank.

58 stroke by 68 bore is 421cc.

Thanks Daj, I've seen those before, but missed your link when I read the thread. I was curious, still how the Vito's porting was out of the box. I've never really heard anything about these Atheana cylinders and was curious what they were like ported out of the box. I know I can't go to a 4mil with my current porting. I guess I was wondering if they were ported for a stock stroke from atheana, but too radical to go to a 4mil. I guess what I'm wondering if they are similar, as the atheana one is $100 less that could go towards the porting. Also, the Atheana ad said nickel carbide coating. Is the nickel carbide like a nikasal coating? Can you buy bigbore cylinders without the coating so the can be bored or no? and if so, would it be advisable or is the coating that good? Are the Vito's a good value, and does anyone sell them cheaper than Vito's?

Edited by bode1

I honestly have no idea what nickel carbide does for the cylinders.

These cylinders are made for Vitos'...I doubt you'll find them cheaper unless they have an ebay or clearance sale, or someone cuts out the dealer (someone has a hookup with the manufacturer before they make it to Vitos)

I seriously wouldn't waste any more time or money thinking about a product they only show you a box picture of...