Did some work on the old Cummins

Dinner

Last weekend I broke a Cylinder head bolt while I was re-torquing them a bit higher than OEM. So I babied it all week until Saturday when I was able to R&R the headgasket and remove the broken bolt. Once the head was off the broken bolt came out by hand! :lol: So I cleaned the block and head all up, threw on the new gasket and started to re-assemble. All in all it went pretty good, this is my first time doing a headgasket on Dodge pick ups. Next time around I can probably knock off an hour or two. But anyways, took a few pics and just figured I would post them for shits and giggles.

Picture001.jpg

Picture005.jpg

Picture006.jpg

Picture007.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know, but I just wanted to get the truck back up and running in proper condition. I have an extra 24V Engine kicking around, so what I'm thinking of doing. After winter I'll send my head out to get checked and o-ringed if in good condition. Once I get it back, another Saturday I'll R&R Gaskets, Swap heads and also install studs once the head is on. That way the truck is only down for 1 day, and it saves me money :lol:

Looks like you had some fun. Good to see you had some Timmie Hoes to keep you on your toes though.. Double double? :lol:

Damn you....im heading over there right now to get one, always good for a wake up B)

Edited by savage420

Looks like you had some fun. Good to see you had some Timmie Hoes to keep you on your toes though.. Double double? :lol:

Damn you....im heading over there right now to get one, always good for a wake up B)

:lol: Sure was! I usually always get DD from timmie hoes.

I'll probably stop by timmies before work, gotta have my fix before work :ph34r:

:lol: Sure was! I usually always get DD from timmie hoes.

I'll probably stop by timmies before work, gotta have my fix before work :ph34r:

Heck ya!

• 1 month later...

My Dually is a 99 and my current truck is an 01. What is your bully dog chip rated for? I'm assuming it just hooks up through Data Link and MAP harness?

that doesnt look like any fun at all craig.. but im glad you had fun doing it. :cheers:

It is fun!, what are you talking about :rotflmao:

Yeah I enjoy doing stuff like this...Probably tear down my other Cummins and rebuild it just for shits and giggles next year. :dance:

WTF is Timmie Hoes?

Us Canadians will refer to Tim Hortons as Timmie Hoes sometimes :rotflmao: I'm not sure if they have opened many Tim Hortons in the States yet? :ph34r:

You going to drop $$$ and get the ARP studs?

I just installed a new steering brace on my 06 today. And I FINALLY found that ever illusive recessed zerk fitting in the front drive shaft. Poor girl was damn near empty!

Probably had to unload an entire grease cartridge in the joint :rotflmao:

And yuppers...After the winter I will be getting Headstuds and O-rings, 110lbs valve springs, bigger injectors, Tunnel Ram Intake, Levelling Kit, tires/wheels...the list goes on!! Will eventually be running twins as well :cheers:

I'm assuming you are home from Japan?

Most recent goodie I got today in the mail. Allows me to monitor stuff through the OBD II Port, is a scan tool and can fiddle around with it to show my fuel mileage. Mostly wanted it for the IAT feature. And I know it looks off centre but sitting in the seat it's not off :rotflmao:

picture036r.jpg

Have had this for a few months now, works quite well :headbang:

picture024w.jpg