still king of drag?

2K1Banshee350

Are they beating some of the fastest banshees out there? Not even close.

Depends on what you mean as a "banshee". Banshee based motor? Not even close.

If you're talking stock type bikes, like piped, jetted, ported...yep, give them a run for then money and sometimes beat them.

But once you get into aftermarket cylinders, stroker crank shafts, etc...the 4 strokes are still a long ways behind.

Are they beating some of the fastest banshees out there? Not even close.

Depends on what you mean as a "banshee". Banshee based motor? Not even close.

If you're talking stock type bikes, like piped, jetted, ported...yep, give them a run for then money and sometimes beat them.

But once you get into aftermarket cylinders, stroker crank shafts, etc...the 4 strokes are still a long ways behind.

only thing i can say to you is you have not run against the right 4 stroke yet

a 700 raptor will EAT a 10mil banshee if its built right......any banhees smaller and its not even close.

some 700's have more tq that a banshee got hp

there is a 115hp/80fttq raptor running around thats not even fully tuned in yet.......it would take a 10mil or bigger banshee to pull that kind of power.

just info.

hell my 470 trx will give a stock cylinder 4mil a DAMN GOOD run!

Edited by stroking

Just tell me what kind of numbers it runs in 300 foot sand.Considering since the fastest bikes at PS single cylinder 4 stroke unlimited ran 3.8 or 3.9 and the fastest in the 0-475 cc LIMITED (No NOS or Turbo) run 3.7s...I'd like to see that statement contradicted.I'm not talking about 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, etc.Planet Sand's events are the biggest stage for 300 foot of sand racing year after year.And I would bet that Raptor has nitro/turbo or a combo of both.A 10 mil banshee on methanol (cub cylinder, 68 bore) will put out 120 to 125HP all day long, probably 10 or so less torque.Easily, cheaply and reliably.And that's 465 cc's compared to over 700.Take a 10 mil DM which goes up to a 78 bore, won't even be close....Now, of course I'm talking aftermarket cylinders without turbos, nitro, etc. Just methanol.Put a large caracal, scimitar or large twister motor in compariable cc's (700 to 800) and that raptor will never, ever even be on the same track. Untuned or not.

Just tell me what kind of numbers it runs in 300 foot sand.<BR>Considering since the fastest bikes at PS single cylinder 4 stroke unlimited ran 3.8 or 3.9 and the fastest in the 0-475 cc LIMITED (No NOS or Turbo) run 3.7s...I'd like to see that statement contradicted.<BR><BR>I'm not talking about 1/8 mile, 1/4 mile, etc.<BR><BR>Planet Sand's events are the biggest stage for 300 foot of sand racing year after year.<BR><BR>And I would bet that Raptor has nitro/turbo or a combo of both.<BR><BR>A 10 mil banshee on methanol (cub cylinder, 68 bore) will put out 120 to 125HP all day long, probably 10 or so less torque.<BR>Easily, cheaply and reliably.<BR>And that's 465 cc's compared to over 700.<BR><BR>Take a 10 mil DM which goes up to a 78 bore, won't even be close....<BR><BR>Now, of course I'm talking aftermarket cylinders without turbos, nitro, etc. Just methanol. <BR><BR><BR>Put a large caracal, scimitar or large twister motor in compariable cc's (700 to 800) and that raptor will never, ever even be on the same track.  Untuned or not.

x2 on that! the 2 strokes are by far the fastest things around today, and will be for a long time... until someone starts to really tweak with V twins and make them into some huge numbers, cause a single lung is at a disadvantage compared to a equal cc and equally setup twin

Sorry about the formatting.

I wrote the post in Firefox.

Went to edit it...it doesn't work. I edited it in Internet explorer and got all the line breaks ( the <B>) in there...sorry if that's hard to read!

dave, i edited your post in firefox and took out the crap. it worked fine..