building 4mil need advice

i am having a 4mil longrod stock bore built. he is doing a full port with cases port matched. pro design coolhead with 22 or 21 cc domes, +4 timing plate, billet pump. i need advice on carbs. what do you all think about boring the stock carbs. my builder thinks he an get them to 28 or 29mil. do you guys think that would be ok for this type of build. this will be a trail quad mostly. he also wants me to put rad valves that he will custom cut for my motor. he said that v force tend to come apart and take pistons with them. has anyone had a problem with this or heard about this?

thanks in advance

chris

a guy down the street bored his carbs to 28mm on his 4mil and it runs good. i geuss it dynos 75hp and thats with v forces. but the bigger the carb more lowend youll loose and the more mid and top youll get. what pipes r u running?

a guy down the street bored his carbs to 28mm on his 4mil and it runs good. i geuss it dynos 75hp and thats with v forces. but the bigger the carb more lowend youll loose and the more mid and top youll get. what pipes r u running?

i am undecided on pipes so any advice would help there also. i ride mainly fast trails but still would like some low end for the tight stuff. i was thinking t5s. any other ideas would be cool

the pipes should have been discussed pipes with your builder before the porting......

pro-circuits are badass for lo-mid, but, t-5's are awesome in the mid-high. both would be good choice, but you know what ridding you do, and where you need the most power. if the guy doesn't know what pipes he's porting for, it'll probably be best with the t-5's

thanks for the advice guys. i think i am going to have the stock carbs bored to 28mill and run them for now. i will talk to my motor guy about the pipes and see what he says.

i cant wait till this thing is done so i can go beat up on all the 450s that ride with me. this is my first banshee project and i am really excited.