best tires?

razr 2's are junk. overrated and overpriced.. the only reason they are so "popular" is because they have one hell of a hype machine called the razr marketing dept behind them..

these are real tires. they hook hard as fuck on all types of dirt. my brother just got a set of them and weve tried them out. they are the real deal.

http://farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=174

honda%20radials.JPG

i agree with loco,these ohtsus are the only tire i've ran on my last 2 banshees. just make sure you run them at 3-4 psi,they hook great.....

ok, i'll probably get e-slapped, but i'm suggesting the kenda bear klaws. you said mud and slick stuff, which is where these will outperform the dirt tires. they are a trail tire, dirt, and mud tire, and i have run them on the snow. they are also just as cheap@59 from atvdirect. i run them from 1-4 psi and they drift, or corner excellent. the same ones in my pic. i can honestly say that these tires have performed exceptional in all terains, but still no sand/snow tire, although they work. i would also suggest realtors, but i havn't run them yet. you can probably find the stock 14t sprocket for $10 if you still wanna run a 22/12/9 like me, but get some pep back. you don't really need to be geared for 100mph, especially if you don't have the power to do so.

i think id probobly go with the ohtsus radial tires. ive been looking into the maxxis M944 iRazor tires aswell. does anyone have opinions on them?

ive run them. they are heavy, expensive, dont hook very hard and wear out prematurely. like i said, most of the big name tires are junk.. they just have good marketing behind them. people get brainwashed into thinking they are the best tires out there.

I razrs are awesome tires, and they are tough as hell and 6 ply . if you like the stock yfz tires, the I rzrs are basically a aftermarket copy of the stock yfz tires, they grip in everything and pull hard, and in mudddy conditions they are good too,. they love the rough stuff and they will last alot longer than the stock yfz ones that burn up after one ride down the trails and the Irzrs wont fold up under heavy corning like the ohtsus tend to do.

Edited by Angel ripper

ive run them. they are heavy, expensive, dont hook very hard and wear out prematurely. like i said, most of the big name tires are junk.. they just have good marketing behind them. people get brainwashed into thinking they are the best tires out there.

not that i disagree with you, but I've been reading in other forums and they are saying how the ohtsus are not very tough tires and they go flat pretty easy....

i only run about 4psi at the most usually closer to 2-3. riding around on farms there are always rocks and down barbed wire and tons of junk. are the ohtsus tough enough? on the EX forums they have nothing good to say about them.

Those RAZR's are 6 ply so they are good for running over sharp junk.

I don't think im to interested in the razr tires. it is a good deal though.

ive got a set of tires worn about half like that. I plan on saving them for road riding. I wanna get new ones that have some bite to them.

I think i like the irazr's from what ive been reading. ATV Magazine has a review that compares the ohtsu tires to them and some others. CLICK HERE

I'm just not so crazy for the $110 price tag on the irazr's. i do have the 400ex stockers up front. i have not been easy on them and they seem to have held up fine. even ATV magazine said that the sidewalls are really weak on them.

i do pretty much the same stuff you do. just got a set of the holeshot hd this season and they hook hard as hell. yeah they weigh a lil more than other tires but your not going to get this much traction with many other tires. they wear a lil fast at first but they get a lil better over time. and they are 6 ply no worrying about holes.

i do pretty much the same stuff you do. just got a set of the holeshot hd this season and they hook hard as hell. yeah they weigh a lil more than other tires but your not going to get this much traction with many other tires. they wear a lil fast at first but they get a lil better over time. and they are 6 ply no worrying about holes.

thats laughable about holeshots. they are one of the least hooking tires ive ever run. im in the "hooking up" business and if holeshots were the heat, id run them..

If you really want those ohtsus, try your local dealer, they usually have a stack of them in the back cause nobodys wants them after they put some real tires on, i never paid for one of those tires and never will, unless of coarse you count the ones that came with the quad off the showroon floor. depending how well you know your local dealer, they just might give them to you for nothing or a for like 10 or 15 bucks a peice.

If you really want those ohtsus, try your local dealer, they usually have a stack of them in the back cause nobodys wants them after they put some real tires on, i never paid for one of those tires and never will, unless of coarse you count the ones that came with the quad off the showroon floor. depending how well you know your local dealer, they just might give them to you for nothing or a for like 10 or 15 bucks a peice.

i say run the ohtsus too.. if you can get them at 10 or 15 a piece you can run 5 or 6 sets of them for the price of a couple overpriced maxxis or whatever..