Ready To Reassemble!

SonOfSand

Hey Guys, I just got my new crank, ported cylinders, and case back from HJR. Is there anything I should lookout for, or be aware of when reassembling the cases? I have read the section in the Clymer manual, but wanted to ask the guys who do this all the time.

Thanks.

GREAT advise. I learned the hard and costly way.

Thanks guys, why is the leakdown so important? If I have an airleak, wont it show up in the idle?

Also, just started it and found out I am leaking coolant from my noss cool head, is there a good place to get the O-rings for cheap?

Thanks guys, why is the leakdown so important? If I have an airleak, wont it show up in the idle?

Also, just started it and found out I am leaking coolant from my noss cool head, is there a good place to get the O-rings for cheap?

There's a ton of places that sell the o-ring kits. Try to purchase local or from somewhere in your region, so you don't have to wait more than 1-2 days.

I also torque the cool heads down to 22ft lbs too. I've had mine dribble coolant at 20ft lbs.

100X yes on the leak down test.

I bought a leak down tester from RB Porting in MI. I've sold several of them for him to members.

I've saved a few motors already by letting buddies borrow it.

It could show at idle, it could do real funny things at high RPMs (not where you want to diagnose a problem).

You can make your own or spend 50 bucks for the one I got.

Three basic things every motor should have done before they are ever fired:

Leak down test first

Squish test next

Compression test cold.

If any of those are off, you just saved yourself a lot of headaches and more so money!

I wanted to thank everyone for their input, I didn't understand the importance of a leak down test, now I do. I will do it before I ride. Thanks.

It's great to have someone actually listen to others input and grasp the importance of some things,For that I salute you and it may save you abit of money also.Not sure if you already installed the clutch cover and installed the stator and flywheel but Every one I build for myself or customers I leave that stuff off when I do the leak down test it makes it alot easier to check the crank seals and drive gear key for leaks as well. :D