High flow pingel?

slopoke

I believe I am running my carbs out of gas in 6th gear wot. It gets to the top and kinda surges. I know my jetting is spot on and I am currently running pwk 35s. it did the same thing with the stockers. It only does it when trying to run farther than the 1/8. Is this possiable? Could it be the ignition breaking up? I had 350 mains in the stocker carbs and I have upper 60's in the 35's. Kinda at a loss and do not want to burn it down.

I believe I am running my carbs out of gas in 6th gear wot. It gets to the top and kinda surges. I know my jetting is spot on and I am currently running pwk 35s. it did the same thing with the stockers. It only does it when trying to run farther than the 1/8. Is this possiable? Could it be the ignition breaking up? I had 350 mains in the stocker carbs and I have upper 60's in the 35's. Kinda at a loss and do not want to burn it down.

It's plausible........ If you are racing, it's probably worth the ~$80 to find out.

It's a good mod. anyway if you don't need the "reserve" feature.

Also make sure you dont have restrictions in the gas cap vent hose area like a one way check valve or kinks in the hose etc.. Open it up a bit so it can breathe better and just run a hose coming off of it.

Also make sure you dont have restrictions in the gas cap vent hose area like a one way check valve or kinks in the hose etc.. Open it up a bit so it can breathe better and just run a hose coming off of it.

Not to thread jack but you recommend NOT to run a check valve?

Not to thread jack but you recommend NOT to run a check valve?

For is application on a built bike.....? YES!

AHHHH My cap is stock. Maybe I need to gut it. Do they make a high flow vent cap with a ck valve.

No, but you can for free! :biggrin:

But not with a check valve.

Yep no check valve or those stuby vents that you can put on the cap. They don't flow air very good.

Gut the stock cap (take the ball bearings out) and drill the air passages out. Then use a hose for a vent. I recomend using Tygon fuel tubing. I ran a long one that hangs down a little below the frame. That way fuel and oil won't drip on the exhaust pipes or down the side of the fuel tank and tank cover.