stupid thing just to see what u guys say

this aint for me im was told to ask how do u tell if your engine is blown with out compression test or taking it apart

take it apart?

blown as in just worn out? or blown? you can see the pistons through the exaust port if itll help. then you can see the cyl wall and one side if each piston. normally in comp is gone its hard to start cold/warm, and kicks really easy with little resistance. if you own a banshee, just get a comp tester.

just take the exp. chambers off and take a good look

this aint for me im was told to ask how do u tell if your engine is blown with out compression test or taking it apart

:blink: Hard to start, no power, engine is froze, etc. It depends on whats part gave way or wore out before another.. You a member over at bluetraxx by chance?

No need to lie, its for you bro...shit don't feel bad for asking questions man...shit we ALL didn't know everything when we first started out. No shame in asking questions.

Edited by savage420

I use my X-ray goggles I got on E-bay, $29.95 w/shipping. Or you could take pipes off, rotate engine so piston is at bottom dead center , and look in cyl. Rotate engine to inspect side of piston (rings&skirt). Repeat for other cyl. If you have a post for sucking (blowing) gaskets, and one looking for piston kits, SHEE MIGHT BE BLOWN.

No shame in asking questions man. We might give you a bunch of slack for it, but you can assure that on this site, someone will give you the correct answer to a legit question. That is the reason why people continue to be members here.

So stop thinking about what it is, and get in there and find out. You'll never learn a thing if you don't practice.

By the way, do you have a Clymers Manual? That thing is a true ATV owners best friend! It has similar troubleshooting questions listed inside.

I use my X-ray goggles I got on E-bay, $29.95 w/shipping. Or you could take pipes off, rotate engine so piston is at bottom dead center , and look in cyl. Rotate engine to inspect side of piston (rings&skirt). Repeat for other cyl. If you have a post for sucking (blowing) gaskets, and one looking for piston kits, SHEE MIGHT BE BLOWN.

your first sentance was retarded, 2nd 3rd, and 4th already said, and 5th didnt make any sense. :confused:

your first sentance was retarded, 2nd 3rd, and 4th already said, and 5th didnt make any sense. :confused:

1st. sentence was ment to be funny. 2-4 WERE'NT covered in this post. They MIGHT have been in his OTHER posts. 5th was also ment to be funny, can't think of the comedians name but it was supposed to be a take off from his lines- " you might be a redneck if ...... " Just poking a little fun at the man to just pull it down and figure out whats wrong with his shee, thats all. I guess I won't give up my day time job.

Guys this kid is like 15 yrs old so go easy on him. (lol) I can tell you that you will not find out what is wrong by speculating dude. I know you have many post will all sorts of question. I don't think you have done anything to actually figure out what the problem is.

I don't take a lot of know how to just pull the head. You will be able to tell alot. Post some pics so we can help you futher. Making post and asking questions will only get you so far, then you have to take the the next step and wrench on it or carry it to someone who can. I think I had seen on some other forums where you had asked the same questions. REMEMBER NO ONE on here can fix it via internet, and if they could they would be rich.

Guys this kid is like 15 yrs old so go easy on him. (lol) I can tell you that you will not find out what is wrong by speculating dude. I know you have many post will all sorts of question. I don't think you have done anything to actually figure out what the problem is.

I don't take a lot of know how to just pull the head. You will be able to tell alot. Post some pics so we can help you futher. Making post and asking questions will only get you so far, then you have to take the the next step and wrench on it or carry it to someone who can. I think I had seen on some other forums where you had asked the same questions. REMEMBER NO ONE on here can fix it via internet, and if they could they would be rich.

thanks guys i know it is really easy to take it apart i can do that its just rebuiilding i will have to get some help lol

thanks guys i know it is really easy to take it apart i can do that its just rebuiilding i will have to get some help lol

Just get yourself a manual, Clymers, or Genuine yamaha service manual.

You sound like your pretty intelligent the manuals are pretty detailed, you can do it, if you have any concerns with the parts or identifying bad or worn parts, just post some pics.