which intake is your prefernce?

slopoke

As some of you know I have had a bad xperience with a boss billet intake (2 piece) leaking air. What type intake do yall run. I need something fo 35mm carbs and the added space to clear the clutch actuator. I have vf3 also. Did I just get a bad one or are they al like that for the most part?

420, do those still use the boost bottle? I hate to give up that 15 extra horsepower(lol) but I was thinking of trying to get away from it. Do u have a photo of them or are they the ones with the big ole boost bottle? Do I even need a crossover?

Nope, i did away with the gayness of the boost bottle. :thumbsup:

Made my own x-over for it so i didn't have to run that POS on there. Yes i probably could have just blocked them off but i just made my own as it only cost a few bux for the fuel line 2 worm clamps and the uni-coil.

Im pretty sure it's 5/8 automotive fuel line then i stuck a metal uni-coil over the tube so the bend didnt kink. IMO it looks better, takes up way less room and don't leak like the PD boost bottle did with there gay rubber grommets.

Here is a pic of mine what i did. Works flawlessly now. :beer:

The uni-coils can be bent all the way to 180 degrees with no kink.

Crossovertube003.jpg

Nope, i did away with the gayness of the boost bottle. :thumbsup:

Made my own x-over for it so i didn't have to run that POS on there. Yes i probably could have just blocked them off but i just made my own as it only cost a few bux for the fuel line 2 worm clamps and the uni-coil.

Im pretty sure it's 5/8 automotive fuel line then i stuck a metal uni-coil over the tube so the bend didnt kink. IMO it looks better, takes up way less room and don't leak like the PD boost bottle did with there gay rubber grommets.

Here is a pic of mine what i did. Works flawlessly now. :beer:

The uni-coils can be bent all the way to 180 degrees with no kink.

Crossovertube003.jpg

That looks good. I will try that. I don't likethe boost bottle too big and useless,

As some of you know I have had a bad xperience with a boss billet intake (2 piece) leaking air. What type intake do yall run. I need something fo 35mm carbs and the added space to clear the clutch actuator. I have vf3 also. Did I just get a bad one or are they al like that for the most part?

BOSS fucking sucks period

Yeah these work well plus seem to have a bit more torque than most....

http://www.farmandsandtoys.com/partdetail.asp?partid=190

UPP works well to as they wont hit the clutch arm at least on 4mm cubs on up.. Still do on stock cyls though without spacers.

F.A.S.T. manifold is sweet. just rebuilt my bike and could actually notice a difference with the bottom end plus it hits hard up top!

Not to be a smart ass...but do you think the extra bottom end is from having a motor rebuilt...not just intakes?

:wink: