maintances

i have a srupid ? but why are banshees so high maintenance combared to like four strokes like raptors and other 4 strokes

Because they were actually built to be fast :) lol just kidding. but seriously not sure why but it seems like all 2-strokes are high maintenance. I actually like it cause it makes me take things apart and actually learn something instead of taking it to a shop and paying to fix it.

Because they were actually built to be fast :) lol just kidding. but seriously not sure why but it seems like all 2-strokes are high maintenance. I actually like it cause it makes me take things apart and actually learn something instead of taking it to a shop and paying to fix it.

ya they aure are fun though why do four strokes last longer ?????

Because the average person does not know how to properly maintain a 2 stroke after modding it.

BINGO BANGO. :thumbsup:

My shee was on the stock bore, stock pistons from 2001-2007.

Hell all the sleds ive owned had the same top end in there for 4-5 years. and i rat on my stuff full out on every ride.

Some people just fail.... :ninja:

BINGO BANGO. :thumbsup:

My shee was on the stock bore, stock pistons from 2001-2007.

Hell all the sleds ive owned had the same top end in there for 4-5 years. and i rat on my stuff full out on every ride.

Some people just fail.... :ninja:

ya but all my friends are like o two strokes suck im like watever but i am wondering why do four strokes last longer

Have your friends ever ridden a two stroke? How much H.P. does a YFZ450 make? Do you think a craptor will be around 20 yrs from now? X-2 on Quickshee's point, go on YFZ Central and read about issues they have. A 350 warrior only makes 16-18 hp, see what it costs to make 30-32 hp(stock shee) and see how long it lasts. Don't know what max for a 350cc is, but it's still cheaper to modify than a 4poke. Why do you think they were racing 250s against 125s ,and 450s/250 in moto cross?

Have your friends ever ridden a two stroke? How much H.P. does a YFZ450 make? Do you think a craptor will be around 20 yrs from now? X-2 on Quickshee's point, go on YFZ Central and read about issues they have. A 350 warrior only makes 16-18 hp, see what it costs to make 30-32 hp(stock shee) and see how long it lasts. Don't know what max for a 350cc is, but it's still cheaper to modify than a 4poke. Why do you think they were racing 250s against 125s ,and 450s/250 in moto cross?

ya lol my friends has road a yz 125 and a cr 80 no big two stroke wheeler so do u think yfz will be around in 20 years

so do u think yfz will be around in 20 years

FUCK NO!!!!

We will all be riding skateboards and driving cars that hover. Didn't you watch Back to the future 2? :whistling:

Edited by savage420

Come on guys, really! In all actuality, there isn't anymore maintenance on a 2 stroke then a 4 stroke. Regular lubrication and oil changes. Properly tuned so it doesn't backfire and jetted so it doesn't overheat or run lean and there really are no issues. Proper fuel mixture and air/fuel adjustments (jetting and no leaks) and a top end will last a very long time.

When we go to the dunes, I do see a lot more banshees being pulled in but when you look at the big picture, every forth bike I see is a banshee also!

Now, once you start building super high HP engines then everything has to be looked at because everything is going to be under a lot more stress but I think that is a different scenario then what we are discussing here.

Just my 2 cents.

Come on guys, really! In all actuality, there isn't anymore maintenance on a 2 stroke then a 4 stroke. Regular lubrication and oil changes. Properly tuned so it doesn't backfire and jetted so it doesn't overheat or run lean and there really are no issues. Proper fuel mixture and air/fuel adjustments (jetting and no leaks) and a top end will last a very long time.

When we go to the dunes, I do see a lot more banshees being pulled in but when you look at the big picture, every forth bike I see is a banshee also!

Now, once you start building super high HP engines then everything has to be looked at because everything is going to be under a lot more stress but I think that is a different scenario then what we are discussing here.

Just my 2 cents.

x2 on that i mean ya a highly modifide banshee combared to a stock one no dout a stock one will proby last alot longer but my frineds dont think taht way

haha my prety much stock banshee will beat them now ahha

Then why ask why. I have an 03 shee and I just bored it for the first time about a year ago. Just take care of your shit and you will be golden. Also try to stay out of a lot of muddy water every time you suck that shit in you air box you are pretty much dumping sand right in your engine and that will do numbers on your rings and cylinder walls not including bearings and everything else. Any gas powered engine needs to be maintained and the more high performance they are the more service they require speed comes with a price.