Raptor starting problem

Ok, so quick question about my raptor. Rode it all day saturday and it started up and ran fine all day. Lots of power and compression was good, didn't do anything weird. However, throughtout the day it became harder and harder to start. In the morning it cranked and fired easy, but each time after that it seemed to crank longer and longer before it would start. Finally it quit starting. It was running great, shut it off to talk for a bit, and it would not start. So I got a quick tow and pull started it and it fired right up and ran great again. Shut it off, tried to start it nothing again. I let it cool off, still nothing. Any ideas?

Man over eight hours and no smart ars answers? What's with that? Battery going, starter, charging circut. Take battery charger see if it needs charge. No? Hook charger directly to hot lead of starter, starter sound ok? No drag/grinding? Do with ign on see how it starts. Plug good? Good spark?(with battery only/then w/ charger on) any diff?

I know that raptors are very bad for valves getting out of adjustment and making them very hard to start and it will also kill compression which makes it hard to start. Go to a raptor website and find the specs for valve adjustment, i cant remember right off top of my head. They are a little tough to get to but i would check that before i took anything apart. I thought mine was blowed up because it only had 60lbs of compression, after setting the valves it had 130 and fired up like it was new. Hope this is your problem.

Also if its making kind of a grinding sound when starting. Its probably your starter clutches. Another annoying raptor problem.

Edited by DannysZ28

Yeah I got it figured out. Its the stator. The engine turns over fine with some stuttering like its building up compression and then it will fire out of the exhaust. Battery is brand new and has plenty of power, starter is in good shape, valve clearance is good, just adjusted. Carb is jetted perfect. I tried unplugging the regulator and it seems to start. I talked to a guy who had the same problem one time on his, he said its really rare, but it happens. He said they develope a short between the stator and pick up coil that allows it to run when you push start it, but it wont start on its own. So I guess Im gonna replace the stator and see what happens. Any ideas on what to go with? Or just go with Ricky Stator like whats on my shee.