Time to buy new tires!

Ampeg

I just bought myself a 2005 banshee about a month ago, it's in great condition etc but the tires are worn out to the max, literally.

I need some help selecting a good set of tires though. Money is an issue for me so I wanted to make sure that the tires I buy will last along time and put up with abuse from gravel pits, dirt trails and even some pavement.

I was looking at getting ITP Holeshot HD's for the rear, and ITP Holeshot XC's for the front.

Any suggestions? :woot:

I am running Knarlies right now and have no complaints.. I like them better than the razr's I had previous... I am going to try the stock yfz tires that Loco recommends next .. gotta switch it up.. Something tells me that they'll wear out rather quickly though..

Edited by ToomeySheeLE

My friend runs Holeshot HD's and they are an awesome tire. Hook up in pretty much any trails that pennsylvania can throw at them. They are a little heavy though...but thats to be expected for a 6ply tire...

I run Razr2's on my Shee right now. No problems thus far in 2 years of riding. I plan on getting HD's as my next set.

Hmmm.... Well I planned on riding this banshee to school and back, like a 7 minute ride, for like 3-4 months till I can get a new truck. Plus like every other day I'd hit the trails.

Any clue on how fast that pavement would wear down on the HD's knobs? or anyone know of a tire that would be strong on the pavement and the trails? I'm starting to like the sounds of some of the kenda's but I still have a feeling that the HD's are the way to go for toughness and hook up. :ermm:

I'll take a look at those stock yfz 450 tires also...

Edited by Ampeg

Alot of road riding will wear out any tire alot faster than if you were riding trails and what not. I would go with what Loco said about the stock YFZ tires or get a set of fast trekkers of ebay. Usually can get a set for $80-$90 shipped brand new..

any soft rubber tire is gonna wear fast on the road. if you want a tire that will hold up well on the road go with the kenda knarlys. they have a stiffer knob that wont wear out as quickly.

all the maxxis and holeshot type tires are geared for woods and track racing. the rubber is soft to get the most bit you can with them. these will wear a lot faster on the road. plus they are expensive.

id go with something cheap for now, which is why i recommended the stock yfz450 tires. they do hold up pretty well on the road as i used to run some country chat roads before i moved out.

+1 for the Fast Trekers. I haven't had a tire hook up as good or last as long as those yet!
+2 for fast trekkers. I picked up a basically brand new set of 20x10x10's from a friend for $40 becuase I needed a set that day and no where local had the right size. Figured I'd run them for that weekend and turn around and sell them again. They're my favorite rear tires now. Hook like mad.

Realtors are another cheap, hard wearing tire. Worn half down, mine still grab awesome in sandy/loose stuff turned backwards. At the loose dirt dragstrip at Haspin last weekend, I was sitting on the gastank, launching in 2nd, and it would still stand straight up.

I hope rockymountainatv gets some more Kenda knarly's, they only have 1 rear tire. :confused: