clutch basket question

"Blowin up"?? Are you talking about the kicker idler to the rear of bike behind basket??? Can you show a pic of what you mean?

"Blowin up"?? Are you talking about the kicker idler to the rear of bike behind basket??? Can you show a pic of what you mean?

yes the gear on the back of the clutch basket keeps gernading. its the second time its happend i say in 2 months. sorry no pic. stuck in class all night

is there a stronger clutch basket out there i can buy besideds oem. ? i really dont no what is cuasing this

The new clutch basket will require the use of that gear. If I understand right this is the gear that engages with the kicker? If so, maybe the kicker is not staying in position as it should. Or maybe your clutch shaft is bent???? I can't really see that but I ain't looking at it.

Good Luck

SP

The new clutch basket will require the use of that gear. If I understand right this is the gear that engages with the kicker? If so, maybe the kicker is not staying in position as it should. Or maybe your clutch shaft is bent???? I can't really see that but I ain't looking at it.

Good Luck

SP

should i jsut by a new gear that goes to the kick start? thats where the 2 touch. if that makes sence>>

i think i do have a bent shaft. i took it apart today and i had to put a 2 jaw puller on the basket to get it off. i then had to take the gear to the very right of the basket off which i belive is to the coolant impeller? i then had to mesh the 2 gears together perfectly to get them both on. it was NEVER this hard to take it apart. are the shafts expensive and im guesssing i obviously have to split the cases correct?

i think i do have a bent shaft. i took it apart today and i had to put a 2 jaw puller on the basket to get it off. i then had to take the gear to the very right of the basket off which i belive is to the coolant impeller? i then had to mesh the 2 gears together perfectly to get them both on. it was NEVER this hard to take it apart. are the shafts expensive and im guesssing i obviously have to split the cases correct?

TTT

That gear is never engaged to anything except when kicking it. What do the other gears look like (on the basket and primary gear on the crank [behind water pump drive gear])? If the shaft was bent, I'd think you would have bad wear on those gears. Are installing both thrust washers, and bushing correctly?

That gear is never engaged to anything except when kicking it. What do the other gears look like (on the basket and primary gear on the crank [behind water pump drive gear])? If the shaft was bent, I'd think you would have bad wear on those gears. Are installing both thrust washers, and bushing correctly?

my primary gear looks fine. its only the gear that goes all the way around the clutch basket and dircectly behind the basket is messed up. when kicking the motor, the small gear to the left that binds with rear gear on the basket is a little messed up. if that makes since.