MECHANICS LOOK! NEED THE BEST

OK I have a 2006 banshee bought it running kinda funky. The right side is backfiring horrible. I thought it was the TORS, so i:

1) Bypassed the TORS-still backfiring

2) Cleaned carbs- still backfiring

3) Figured it was the float height-i have had this problem on my other one and fixed it- still backfiring

4)cleaned carbs- still back firing

5)synced carbs, rejetted, everything--still back firing

HERE IS THE IMPORTANT SYMPTOMS THAT SHOULD HELP ANY MECHANIC KNOW WHAT THE PROBLEM IS RIGHT AWAY

okay when i start it the right side will backfire---but when i put the choke on, now the right side will run perfectly and the left will actually stop running????

(OK SO OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING IS LEAN RIGHT???)

If i run the BANSHEE with the choke off and the right side backfiring ---I put my hand in front of the bad carb (intake side) of that carb rev it up a bit--NOW right after that when i move my hand away the right side intake carb it starts firing for about 10 seconds then dies???????

So i figured ok maybe the right side has no compression, but how come when i pull the choke out that side will run mint but messes up the other side..... This HAS to be a situation of gas flow not compression?????

Also, when im running the banshee and the right side is backfiring when i spray starting fluid in that side it runs perfect, now both sides will be firing mint only if i spray starting fluid in the right side??

WHAT DO I DO??????? Ive been trying to fix this for months, HELP.

Should i swap carbs, can i even do that???

i have t-6 pipes

stock 25 pilot

290 mains in right now, i tried 270, 280 changed nothing

I have messed around with the needle position did nothing so i put it back.

Edited by WhiteBanshee2006

I have sparks on both sides, im not going to lie i havent used a gauge yet, but why when i pull the choke out it switches the problem over the the other cylinder and fixes the bad side or if i spray ether in that side it runs fine, it cant be the compression its gotta be a gas issue...right??

Edited by WhiteBanshee2006

Make sure you have the right bowl on the right carb there is a right bowl and a left bowl. One has a jet in it and one doesnt. I cant quite remember which is which i think one has a pickup tube too and one dont. Dont do stocker very often anymore try switching and see what it does.

Make sure you have the right bowl on the right carb there is a right bowl and a left bowl. One has a jet in it and one doesnt. I cant quite remember which is which i think one has a pickup tube too and one dont. Dont do stocker very often anymore try switching and see what it does.

im pretty sure i have the correct bowls on i read about that, but what is a pick up tube.

Check for an air leak. Spray your intakes with starting fluid or use a propane torch and see if it fixes the issue.

NO AIR LEAKS---TOOK THE REEDS OUT THERE FINE....

ONCE AGAIN DO NOT FORGET BY PULLING THE CHOKE OUT THE BAD SIDE WILL RUN FINE AND THE OTHER SIDE WILL GET MESSED UP........

In order for this to happen means that more gas is solving the problem but now messing up the other side, i really dont think compressions plays a role...

i had teh same problem a while back..wouldnt run for crap unless i had a paperclip holding the choke out just a tid...turned out the coil was throwing intermitent spark to the right side..it would spark when i would check but when teh revs went up appearantly it quit throwing "perfect" spark

Wow dude calm down. Your reeds can be fine and still have an air leak. The air leak will be at the base gaskets, reed gaskets, intake boots. Now, if you have an air leak and you add more fuel it will clear it up. Now when you are pulling the choke its adding fuel to the lean side that may have the air leak AND adding fuel to the good side which would cause the good side to get too much fuel. When I rebuilt my motor everthing looked great but I decided to do a leak down test and guess what, I had an air leak. You may have a cracked air boot or a bad base gasket or bad reed gaskets. Its easy to check and will save you $$$.

im pretty sure i have the correct bowls on i read about that, but what is a pick up tube.

Have you done a leakdown to make sure your not leaking anywhere. And make sure the bowls have never been swapped if the choke circuit is changing the way it idles then the bowls could affect that. It may sound like one side stops firing but if the other side idles up the crank rotation will over come the other side and you wont hear it firing. Same thing happens when the carbs are out of sync. A air leak could cause this, the bowls being swapped or several other things do the simple stuff first.