Oil for banshee

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your going to get a million opinions on this man. Everyone runs/likes something different. Some like 10w30 motor oil some like ATF type F oil some like Bel ray gear saver 80W, some like Motul 2 stroke gear box oil and there's a ton more brands and weights out there to run.

Find what YOU like and run it.

I run bel-ray gear saver 80W, because i can get it cheep at my buddies shop and its been good too me and works great. I change it 2 times a season, once at the start and once in the middle, no problems.

Edited by savage420

ok so i am looking to change my oil in the banshee. What oil is recommended, and what's the best oil to use for a banshee's tranny

Like already said, everyone is going to like something different. I run Klotz SuperTechniplate @ 40:1 and ATF type F in the tranny.

Like already said, everyone is going to like something different. I run Klotz SuperTechniplate @ 40:1 and ATF type F in the tranny.

i use amsoil 10. 40 and they recommend 0. 40. Although I'm looking for a better oil.

i run amsoil dominator @ 70:1 and its okay. Marcus

Crisco

Dammit...you stole my idea.

Fine...I'm switching.

Non-trans fat frying oil...:)

Anything you want you can put in there damn near. I was told by the guy that cut my transmission to run ATF Type F, so that's what I run.

After running it for over two years, well over a thousand passes on the bike, the tranny and all gears, forks, drum, etc., looked great. So great I put it back in the same it came out.

I do change mine after every other event, and use a magnetic drain plug as well.

I use only Klotz Supertechniplate in mine. There aren't a LOT of oils that mix with methanol, this is one of them.