lock out tuning

quadgod211

It's not really about Dave or even Dave's old bike. I went out & did something Dave & Fouledout421 said that couldn't be done because the asphalt/hill don't count when it comes to 300' sand. The time slips I posted was our 1st three runs at 300' sand. I used a clutch set-up in between the asphalt & hill because we had to much wheel speed on the hill.

We don't have it all figured out yet, but next time we'll be better prepared. We had problems with traction in 3rd & 4th gears & hopefully do better next time out.

There's plenty of good information in this post related to clutch management, but there's also a lot missing.

Same as you.....just my 2 cents

If you can find where i said that it couldn't be done or it wont work.... I'll paypal you $5 and if you can't.. then send me $5. Let me know when your ready for my paypal addy. .

downtoilette.gif

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I run 6 Toomey srpings and added weight to the lock up. I slip the clutch manually. I run 3 different tracks.. Track conditions are different at each track not to mention track conditions change alot through out the day. Thats the difference between a good rider and a average rider. Anyone can dump the clutch and go.

I'll take dumping the clutch any time. I adjust the clutch set-up to different track conditions. That's the difference between a low 1.4 60' and a low 1.3 60'.

This post is old and was brought back up for a reason. It took well over 2 years for my accident recovery. I came back & did what I said I could do.

Now, if you don't like it. Go suck on a tea bag. ;)

I'll take dumping the clutch any time. I adjust the clutch set-up to different track conditions. That's the difference between a low 1.4 60' and a low 1.3 60'.

This post is old and was brought back up for a reason. It took well over 2 years for my accident recovery. I came back & did what I said I could do.

Now, if you don't like it. Go suck on a tea bag. ;)

so you need my paypal??? I dont see where I said your setup wont work or it couldn't be done.. The post you quoted was me stating my setup.. Never said it was the one and only. You must have missed the part where I said I ran 1.4 60's WITH OUT a wheelie bar, Its just a lil dune bike... I'm sure I could have tuned in better with a bar. If your setup works for you.. thats great. To each their own. I never said your way was wrong.. but.. if it makes your feel better about your self.. By all means.. keep your drama going. Anything to help out another member. headbang.gif

Also.. not much of a fan for tea.. but.. thanks for asking. dance.gif

Thats the difference between a good rider and a average rider. Anyone can dump the clutch and go.

OK Queenee, You continue to spew BS out of your keyboard.

So, I take your advice in your quote to slow down my 60'.

Now, lets use dajogejr's old set-up. That's what I used incomparison to get a baseline on what I should or shouldn't be able to run.

I think the only time my bike was close to 1.3 was a low 1.4 with a 125lb rider on it.

Again, I guess I need to take your wrong advice & continue to "dump the clutch and go".

People can use the majority of information in this post or they can chose not too. ;)

Bryan,

i'm trying to give you some respect in the times you're running.

But you opening your mouth over and over again to my friends is really making it tough....

I'm going to leave it at this.

2 years to get over your accident is nothing compared to what kind of accident you'll have if you ran your mouth like this to me and my friends in person.

I'm glad you did great at that track. Good for you.

Now you're just being a drama queen yourself...over and over and over.

I've been biting my tongue long enough...it's about time you start.

Bryan,

i'm trying to give you some respect in the times you're running.

But you opening your mouth over and over again to my friends is really making it tough....

I'm going to leave it at this.

2 years to get over your accident is nothing compared to what kind of accident you'll have if you ran your mouth like this to me and my friends in person.

I'm glad you did great at that track. Good for you.

Now you're just being a drama queen yourself...over and over and over.

I've been biting my tongue long enough...it's about time you start.

It's OK for fouled to be a smart ass and use sunshine, Bob or turbo to name a few. Then I dish some smart ass back with proof, he gets his feelings hurt. I can't help fouled is wrong and giving wrong information about dumiping the clutch and go.

Running my mouth in person to you or your friends. I would give the same respect as given to me. Nothing more nothing less! I gave you the same respect given to me when this & the new post was opened. Fouled decided the route he wanted to take and I returned the same.

As for the drama, your the pot calling calling the kettle black.

Now, are you or fouled going to provide any non drama information to either posts?

Edited by SlowerThanYou

Now, are you or fouled going to provide any non drama information to either posts?

You're right on the first part. And I"m tired of all the drama so I've been keeping my distance on all the forums. But my home is where my home is.

As far as non-drama information, yep...here you go. Pound for pound we'll beat you at this game on 300ft dirt/sand tracks any day of the week.

Pound for pound. There you go...bank on it.

It's OK for fouled to be a smart ass and use sunshine, Bob or turbo to name a few. Then I dish some smart ass back with proof, he gets his feelings hurt. I can't help fouled is wrong and giving wrong information about dumiping the clutch and go.

Running my mouth in person to you or your friends. I would give the same respect as given to me. Nothing more nothing less! I gave you the same respect given to me when this & the new post was opened. Fouled decided the route he wanted to take and I returned the same.

so it was "turbo" that got you all worked up 3yrs ago?? lmao. What ever.... Yo do nothing but create drama.. I never once said your setups wouldn't work from asphalt to sand. hell.. I never even seen a banshee run on asphalt let alone know where to start on setting them up for it.. .. But I guess you needed to spice up your nite life so you made that story up. by the way.. still waiting on my $5..

as for bad information.. its not.. when we're in the dunes.. most people dont like to pull their clutches apart to adjust spring tension with sand and dirt blowing around everywhere.. Average riders decrease traction so they can just drop the clutch and go.. good riders learn to control wheel spin with the clutch. Also.. I dont use a bar like majority of the people out there.. So droping the clutch would put alot of people @ 12.. Like i said 3 yrs ago.. I race(ed) at 3 different tracks and the dunes.. I NEVER once said my way was the only way.. if other people feel the need to change clutch setup in the middle of the dunes.. great for them.. i'm there to ride.. not to wrench. even at the tracks.. I wont touch my bike.. I'm there to ride and visit with my friends.. I'll wrench when I get home and try something different next time out. If thats bad information.. Thats your opinion.. If you dont like it.. "go suck on a tea bag"

Trinity thread died out.. so you felt the need to start this one... Go mine another thread from the archives... I'm done.. Again........

Some peoples kids..... shrug03.gif

You're right on the first part. And I"m tired of all the drama so I've been keeping my distance on all the forums. But my home is where my home is.

As far as non-drama information, yep...here you go. Pound for pound we'll beat you at this game on 300ft dirt/sand tracks any day of the week.

Pound for pound. There you go...bank on it.

Fouled removed himself from his own bufoonery. So, all I have to do is address your non factual BS.

Stay in your fantasy world, until a race happens. That's all it's, your fantasy. ;)

I'm done too..

You're only making yourself look like a bigger ass the more shit you spew.

And no one cares. The fact you had to dig it all up three years later tells everyone reading this what a little kid you are with nothing better to do...

Karma...remember that. Your next accident will give you more time off to think about things.

I'm done too..

You're only making yourself look like a bigger ass the more shit you spew.

And no one cares. The fact you had to dig it all up three years later tells everyone reading this what a little kid you are with nothing better to do...

Karma...remember that. Your next accident will give you more time off to think about things.

You are short on your comprehension skills. I did what I said I could do & what you said I couldn't. I had 2 1/2 years recovery with no work or no racing. The 1st opportunity I got to put it on sand I did. I can't help the results didn't work in your favor.

You started your own drama with this subject and now the karma is on you.

Like I said, pound for pound you'll get beat.

You had 2.5 years of someone else doing a lot of racing to learn and compare notes with, regardless if you were doing the riding or benefiting from the knowledge...so don't act like you just sat in a chair watching 3s company reruns.

Wheelman has wanted to shut you up himself, and I said let it be..you aren't worth it and haven't done anything at any races on sand...which, you still haven't.

I had a bike do better 4 years ago, no tuning, thrown together and someone riding it that never rode my bike before....and it's only gotten faster.

If they had a record for fastest pass in 0-465 in a stock frame I'd bet my bike would still hold that....

You ran a good 60...and I gave you that. Last I checked we ran 300 foot in sand son. When you win that class at a PS event come and talk to me.

Because mine took second...and there's only one way to beat that. And you've had 4 years longer to do it...

so put up or shut up.

That's what I thought...

And you can't comprehend either....

I patted you on the back for a nice job but you just couldn't shut your mouth.

We bothered you so bad that you had to spout off the first time you did anything at a track and then came back here.

And to be honest...you really haven't done much... Rob @ RDZ 60 foots great but he actually wins races...apparently most of the folks that race flat ground realize you need more tire than when you're at the hill and the weight shifts off the back tire and onto the middle of the chassis.

But you're such a smart guy...you must have simply overlooked that.

Now I am done Slow, you've done nothing other than run a good 60 foot like you said you would... that's like taking pride for being out front in a marathon after the first 100 feet.

Go to the track, win a PS sanctioned race in that class. Otherwise...you're just still spouting off.,.. Like I said, you've had 4 years since my bike went to a PS event...surely a smart guy like you should just be able to kill those times and the whole field.

Waiting....

:cry: