PORT WORK GOOD BAD

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLY SHIT!!! I have some that are pretty hacked up in here but that takes the cake!!! You win!!!!!! You get to buy new cylinders now!!! If this guy does not give your money back, send them to me and I will do a formal write up on the port durations with pics and such so you can take him to court. My god that is bad!!! You can really tell they did not care when doing it. Sorry to hear you took such a loss here. I really doubt they can be saved but my offer still stands to look them over free and see what I can do. I DO like a challenge......

B

always wondered if a 4 inch grinder would fit in there......take those off the grill they are done...tell the guy that ported them that is the worst gouging of a cylinder i(i'm sure others wil follow)have ever seen.i hope this is a joke...for your sake

HOLY SHIT!!! I have some that are pretty hacked up in here but that takes the cake!!! You win!!!!!! You get to buy new cylinders now!!! If this guy does not give your money back, send them to me and I will do a formal write up on the port durations with pics and such so you can take him to court. My god that is bad!!! You can really tell they did not care when doing it. Sorry to hear you took such a loss here. I really doubt they can be saved but my offer still stands to look them over free and see what I can do. I DO like a challenge......

B

are you a magician....lol

ITS no joke,i had another set of cylinders that i cleaned up the intake and exhaust and it runs alot better now.

the guy that ported the ones pictured were done by a guy that has a banshee that runs 5.90's in 1/8mile so i figured he new his stuff.

these cylinder did run good bottom to mid but would fall up top...would not rev out

Edited by stroking

sorry about your loss bro. the guy that "PORTED" your cylinders, doesn't know $hit.....well, he knows 1 thing for sure and that is how to ruin a set of good cylinders.....LOL. i have a port guy that i can recommend to you if need be. he (you know who you are:) ) did my buddies banshee and it rocks. yeah, see if you can get your money back. that really sucks. keep checking ebay now for new cylinders.

the ports aren't even chamfered!!!!!

Edited by mopar1rules

bansheeparts001.jpg

bansheeparts002.jpg

bansheeparts003.jpg

bansheeparts004.jpg

HERE IS THE CYLINDER THAT WAS REPORTED FOR A 4MIL

HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT GUY DID NOT KNOW WHAT HE WAS DOING! Usually you cant look at a picture and see much wrong, but that thing is fucked up. Go find that guy and punch him in the balls twice!

I have a set of stock cylinders in the garage. So far all I did to them was sharpen one boost tunnel divider. They need to be bored to I think 65.50mm. I can sell them to ya and ship em over. Then you can send them off to whoever you like to have them ported. PM me if your interested.

i took them back to the guy that did the work and he said they should make aleast 80hp on gas with a 4mil crank

i he said my jetting was probably off :ermm:

so he refused when i ask for my money back

i already have another set of cylinder on the bike and it runs alot better

he said if i did not like the port job i could just resleeve the cylinders and have them done over.

what a cheese dick.

i say you do two things:

1. show him this thread and the responses everybody on here has towards his "port" job (more like a hack job)

and

2. take blowit up on his offer. make the SOB pay.

dont let this guy get away with it or people will never what a hack he really is. make sure to let people know to never go to that guy for any kind of motor work. post adds on craigslist with his name and if he has a buisiness name include that too, and add pictures so everybody can see what a joke his work is. i'd hate for somebody else to be the victim of such terrible craftsmanship. :down:

No offense to Donkeypuncher, but I take offense to the use of"craftsmanship" regarding that porting. Crafsmanship denotes skill, pride, etc. Been a carpenter for 35 yrs, our terms for that are HACK, BUTCHER, SLUG, A.HOE etc. I'm with you on slamming this guy on CL etc. I dont think sleeving would save them.