how much compression on stock crank

how much compression can i run before the stock crank gives out? i currently have 18cc domes but i was starting to look at 15cc domes. my current set up is listed below, right now i am running straight cam2 (110) and mixing 40:1 with klutz super techniplate

also if i switch to 15cc domes will cam2 race gas be enough or will have have to switch to alky or meth

stock jugs bored .040 over

mild/aggressive port work

cool head with 18cc domes

toomey t5s

vitos power pistons

timing set at +5

the trinity 2in1 carb with a 38mm flat slide keihin

running cam 2(110 octane) at a 38:1-40:1 mixture with klutz oil

also 2 steps colder plugs

stock gearing

i am right around 800ft elevation

btw my current compression is 165psi

Edited by kliped

Whats your compression now with the 18cc domes? and why do you want to go to 15cc domes?

15cc dome would put you ruffly around 210 psi at 1000ft... :blink:

just went and checked my compression again, its at 165. i just want to get a little more power out of it the cheapest way possible and domes are only 50 dollars lol

just went and checked my compression again, its at 165. i just want to get a little more power out of it the cheapest way possible and domes are only 50 dollars lol

im no expert but that seems kinda low for 18cc domes

im no expert but that seems kinda low for 18cc domes

idk, the people at vitos performance told me that sounds about right

but then again, i am using an auto zone special compression tester....

Edited by kliped

Sounds like your tester is fucked, or you need a top-end. It's nice to have a base-line when you get a fresh top-end, take a comp. reading with a known good comp tester. You should REALLY have your crank trued and welded if your going to satisfy your compression fetish! :laugh:

15cc domes at or near sea level will hurt performance AND shorten engine life.

With that much compression, the motor will be fighting itself at higher RPMs....it might be able to rev out, but it won't pull much past the midrange RPMs....

hey thanks for your help guys, i never really thought about the compression being to high and killing my top end.

can you guys recommend anything thats cheap to do to get a little more power out of it? im at +5 degrees of timing right now, i dont really want to go to much more, maybe another degree or two.