Direct Drive Lockout

Got a direct drive lockout from Jeff at FAST...

He says there shouldn't be any modifying the peg or anything on the right side. He is sending a cover, the lense, the clutch, etc. The whole thing.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any troubles? I trust his word, and many others told me it should be fine.

Only reason I am worried is because I just got polished chrome footpegs, and don't really feel like chopping into the right side peg lol... to make it fit.

Thanks guys!

your foot pegs will fit but buy a clutch saver/pancake bearing!!!!!! turst me dont make the same mistake i made, lockups create a whole shitload of unnecessary stress when you pull it the clutch to decelerate.

Edited by NickisGod

Nick, thank you for the response. I got a panckae bearing ready to go for it.

I really appreciate the info, and enjoy your summer.

Tony

I've had zero problems since I installed my lockout. You might have to grind a little to avoid rubbage. I had to,but it was very minimal.

I've had zero problems since I installed my lockout. You might have to grind a little to avoid rubbage. I had to,but it was very minimal.

I agree, mine went on super easy, the foot peg had to be adjusted just a tad.

I do have trouble with my rear brake lever hitting the cover when it is in the normal position. As soon as you apply the brake, and let it go, you can hear it hit the bottom of the clutch cover. I think my rear brake might just be out of adjustment though.

Got a direct drive lockout from Jeff at FAST...

He says there shouldn't be any modifying the peg or anything on the right side. He is sending a cover, the lense, the clutch, etc. The whole thing.

Just wondering if any of you guys had any troubles? I trust his word, and many others told me it should be fine.

Only reason I am worried is because I just got polished chrome footpegs, and don't really feel like chopping into the right side peg lol... to make it fit.

Thanks guys!

It depends on how slutty your foot pegs are........... If they have big, ugly, welds where the peg attaches to its bracket, you might need to grind the peg a bit.

It depends on how slutty your foot pegs are........... If they have big, ugly, welds where the peg attaches to its bracket, you might need to grind the peg a bit.

I'm sitting here thinking how you managed to relate slutty to footpegs.

On a sidenote, are the 12 bolt DD covers shallower than the 6bolt ones?