banshee leaking coolant

casey

try some Engine Ice,make sure your impellars are still functioning,and don't sit around idleing.If the coolant shoots out of the radiator,you have other issues.

ps: some of you guys need to type properly so we can read this right..Not being a dick but it's true. :blink:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I took my cap off my raditor and stared it up and the fluid came out

If your engine was cold when you started it, and it blows out immediately then you better pull the head off and take a look. Head gasket is blown or head is cracked in a big way.

well i went to autozone and got some dexcool and drained all my old shitty coolant and flushed it out and put the dexcool in.. ran it for 15 min .. seemed fine.. soo now im goin out with my friend and putting it to the test.. wish me luck :confused::blink:

Edited by casey

oh, yah, i forgot to add that i use dexcool (the orange stuff) because the temps get below -30f, and it feels just like oil when ou run it between your fingers, anti-corrosive, blah blah blah, but most just run engine ice because it helps the transfer of heat as good or probably better. in the track car, i used to run watter wetter in the coolant. if you start it cold with the cap off, and it's spitting the coolant, then it's time to check for gasket leaks. if not, then it's either jetting, or a buildup of old coolant deposits in your system, preventing heat transfer to the radiator.

oh, yah, x2 on the punctuation, i don't like reading more than 2x for it to make sense

Ya mine did that and I just did a top end job and all new gaskets so why would it bad it's only been like 7 days

did you torque the head in proper sequence, and remember to re-torque after a couple of heat cycles. just running it 5 min isn't good enough, you actually have to get it hot, and let it COMPLETELY cool a few times. good idea to leave the rad cap poped off during the process, as well. not saying you didn't, just gets skipped often.

well, yesterday i took it out to a sand pit near my house .. ran good.. i stoped after riding 25 min and checked it and it was leaking coolant .. i so shut it down and waited a little and tlaked to my friend about it and then we started riding and after about 30 min i checked it .. NO LEAKS :biggrin: soo we kept riding and then went to some woods trails and ripped around through those.. after a total of about 2 and a half to three hours of riding it didnt leak again... and then today i took it out and rode it hard for 30 min and it didnt leak again either .. so i am very happyyy :cool: