banshee leaking coolant

casey

hey the other day i came to a stop on my banshee and pufffs of smoke started coming from the front .. so im drove it a short distance home and i realized a hose in the front was dripping coolant on the pipes. so i follwed the hose to top of the coolant bottle in the rear.. and they i rode it for about 20 minutes and it started doing it again. can any body tell me why it is leaking from that hose? is it over heating?

Edited by casey

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was reading a post similair to this one and it says to test for a gasket leak you take off the radiator cap and start it cold and see if there are bubbles and if there are, it means a gasket leak? i tried this and saw no bubbles. any suggestions or advice?

imo, if it were a water pump, or head gasket, then it would start spitting alot sooner, not after 20 min. happened once to mine, when i was running green coolant@ 50/50. now i run about 60/40-70/30 dexcool, and no more problems. slightly lean jetting will cause you to gradually overheat, too.

im runing green 50/50 and i have never had any problmes up until now.. and yea yamaha man it drips down onto my pipes and smokes (only really noticeable if i come to a stop) ... if there is no bubles in my coolant when i took thge cap off , does that mean the gasket is good?

Edited by casey

ya man i just went out and tryed that thing u said abuot the bubbles i took the cap off and started t up and it blew antifreeze all ofver me hahaa i have the same problem liek this moring i warmed it up no problem whent down the rode about miles and stoped and it is smoking and u cant tell antell u stope is your exhast smoking white does it seem liek your raditor will empy when u ride????

ya man i dont know im trying to find out some more infroamtion what is wroing with mine i just did a top end job and new gaskets and it still is leaking somewere so idk if your gasket it good did u take the gapt off wen it was warm or cold i did it when it was cold and it blew all over me

ok i have heard of alot of people having problems like that do u see any anitfreze by your jug or byt your head or buy your carbs um.. maybe all your aintifreeze is leaking out the overflew tube because alot of people said that happends when u ride them it will go out te overflow i dont know why ?????

i took my cap of cold..yea i rele dont know .. its nto like it pours out non stop its just will drip every now and then when i come to a stop i can see it smoke and then it will stop and do it again a little later .. im thinking about switching over to dexcool like akheathen .. thats orange right? and i recently redid my carbs .. but i didnt change the jets .. all i did was replace the needles, seats, and gaskets gaskets becasue before they were leaking.