cooling problem

ok so i go to ride monday afternoon, crank it up, everythings perfect, when i get on the throttle antifreeze pours out of the overflow, it will empty the radiator but there will still be coolant in the overflow, eventually the radiator will go low enough and it wont come out anymore but the radiator will be almost completely empty? i checked to make sure no hoses were smashed between anything everything should be running freely, any ideas on what it could be or what i should replace? water pump or impeller or any of that? im clueless and its pissing me off i just put this new top end on and i cant even ride the shit thanks again

Kinda sounds like you may have a head gasket leak. It is pushing all the radiator fluid out of the Radiator :blink: ? If it was doing it before, maybe your head is warped? Does it feel crazy hot?

cant be because i have a new head and new cylinders and new pistons and new gaskets? its coming out of the one overflow hose from the back reservoir behind the seat, but it will stay semi full and the radiator will empty it self

Ok so what do u mean the top end warped alittle like the head

the head more than likely when alluminum heats up it has a lower boiling temp than say cast iron or steel and can warp quite easy with a little neglect it will ruine a top end quick all it takes is the right temp to be reached and its toast

Must be stock head if you are using a gasket? Antifreeze coming out of the studs just means you don't have a good seal at the head gasket. After market heads generally use little o-rings to seal each stud and sometimes accompanied by copper washers at the top.

One thing you can try if you haven't already is torque the head to the cyls first before you torque the cylinder base nuts. If it is just slightly warped, somethimes this will work, but sounds like it is worse than that. I am not completely familiar w/lapping the head, sounds easy, but someone who has done it may chime in and steer you in the right direction. If you have a sheet of fairly thick glass or some other extremely flat surface you should be able to put the head on it and see it is warped.

When you take the head off, take a new razor blade and flashlight and lightly skim the top of your cylinders with the flashlight behind it. If you see any noticable light underneath the blade then you will either have to get your cylinders redecked or you can use JB weld and fill in the gaps. Do the same thing with the head as well. I had that problem once and I used JB weld and it fixed it right up! :thumbsup: