Banshee vs. YFZ 450

Tony Lopez

So here is the deal. Last weekend I went to El Golfo de Santa Clara. Its Glamis meets the beach. Anyway I raced various quads and I can tell you I ate lots of Raptors and other various 450's. I think I saw a KTM at the hole shot. I don't know what happend to it afterwards. Anyway there is this long rival that says he has a YFZ 450. I am not sure if it is a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. I was under the impression that the YFZ 450 originally came out with a 2 stroke before they changed it to the 4 stroke. Does anyone know. I need to race this guy and I want to make him eat dirt. My banshee has a 4 mil, Cub, 34 MM PJs, Hemi head, 15 tooth up front 41 back, and currently set up for VP 109 mixed 50/50 with 91 pump. I just need to know if he has any chance in hell of beating me?

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He clearly stated that he wasnt sure what the YFZ 450, was or is.

Both of your jerkoffs should ease up alittle and provide some useful info, if not than just keep it moving.

I have a 08 yfz450, they are fun bikes for sure. I like my yfz more and more everytime i ride it.

But if your boy has a yfz, and he doesnt have huge, extensive work done and you are a good rider, you should whoop that bike in a drag race with the mods on your bike

Just practice launching and get some videos to show the rest of us.

Edited by wacko2000

So here is the deal. Last weekend I went to El Golfo de Santa Clara. Its Glamis meets the beach. Anyway I raced various quads and I can tell you I ate lots of Raptors and other various 450's. I think I saw a KTM at the hole shot. I don't know what happend to it afterwards. Anyway there is this long rival that says he has a YFZ 450. I am not sure if it is a 2 stroke or 4 stroke. I was under the impression that the YFZ 450 originally came out with a 2 stroke before they changed it to the 4 stroke. Does anyone know. I need to race this guy and I want to make him eat dirt. My banshee has a 4 mil, Cub, 34 MM PJs, Hemi head, 15 tooth up front 41 back, and currently set up for VP 109 mixed 50/50 with 91 pump. I just need to know if he has any chance in hell of beating me?

Yeah man the 2-stroke version is called a Banshee. They built the 4-stroke for panzies that can't handle 2-strokes! HAHAHAHAHA :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao: :yelrotflmao:

Actually I've never heard of a YFZ450 2-stroke bro.... :ermm:

But anyways put that YFZ in it's place.....behind the 'shee! :biggrin:

IF your bike can get traction, is setup half way right AND you can shift it...you should smoke him.

I had a 4 mil cub on gas and raced a few built 450 4 stroke Hondas and Yamahas...easy pray, but because I didn't have an override in mine, it shifted like shit. Some races were a lot closer than they should've been...but that's racing.

If your bike is setup somewhat right, it should be a walk in the park.

He may get you off the line for the first 10 or 20 feet (again, rider weight and experience are a BIG part there) but after that you should pull on him like he's got flat tires....

easy race if u know how to ride , like dave said

i have a yfz with a cam mod, high comp piston , exhaust ... portin and ported carb , my 4 mil cub will smoke it !!

start in 2nd , try to run 300ft or more.. yfz 's are quik out of the hole... but the banshee's pull so much harder on the top