another shee

if want my opinion, i say u better take the enine apart, do the top end,and clutch. maybe the bottom end, and also do what bearings it needs. other wise leave t the way it is. who cares if it looks bad, ur gonna ride it in the trails so no matter what u do to make it look good, it will get scrached from the bushes and everything :confused:

x2.

man if you wanted a trail/beater bike, you got one. i wouldnt put another penny in it. put it in your other bike to make it even better.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heres wat ive decided. the bike will mostlikely stay the way it is cosmeticaly, but i will use all handy down parts from my better banshee and will buy new/better parts to replace them.

tommoro i will do a compression check, swap out my ignition coil(the existing one has been rigged with differnt wires), put in my vf2 (and will buy vf3 for my other shee) check my flywheel and pickup coil. i think the compression test is key in deciding what direction ill be heading in.... motor > chassis

bad news for the beater. ive killed it already. it has 120 psi in the right and 90 in the left. :down: i called the guy and told him he sold me complete bullshit and he just got cocky and started running his mouth. what a prick :down:

soo i guess im going to make my good bike a 4mm cub and swap out the cylinders on my beater. fuck another 1500!!!!!!!!

bad news for the beater. ive killed it already. it has 120 psi in the right and 90 in the left. :down: i called the guy and told him he sold me complete bullshit and he just got cocky and started running his mouth. what a prick :down:

soo i guess im going to make my good bike a 4mm cub and swap out the cylinders on my beater. fuck another 1500!!!!!!!!

My advice to you is give it back to the dick head :mad: , or if he doesn't want it just sell it or part it out. After you sell the junk look for something better and make sure you have your compression tester with you next time you go to see one :blush:

It looked like one rear hub had a stress fracture in one photo.

if you look closely you'll notice those are aftermarket hubs, they have a bolt that runs through them that clamps them down on the axle. you will also notice an extra hole through the axle, thats so you can slide the hubs in and run the bolt through the axle to clamp the hub down again. slide them in to stock or slide them out to +4. you lose the spacers but they drilled the axle, but you also keep the larger diameter of the axle instead of machining it down to a smaller diameter. the design has it's pros and cons....

DSC01804.jpg

looks like that bike has alot of potential for someone with a little mechanical know how and access to a sand blaster, powdercoater and a polishing wheel....

not that i like or dis-like it, more like i understand how it works and that i realise the gap isnt a stress fracture...

i personaly would run it till it breaks if it's just a trail bike.

also, before you get to far into that engine i would do a leak down test before you start ripping it down. i'd hate to see you redo that topend just because the o-rings in that cool head were leaking...

Well one thing you can think of is "what goes around comes around" so he will get some shit in return for that. Its really messed up that he does that and i hate pricks like that. But you got two now so now you got another project, just fix it up and make it badass and show up at his house just to show it off for him :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

Wow bro, looks like you have a little bit of a project on your hands. I would have parted that bitch and made bank on day one. You could turn a few benjamins ifyou have the patience to part it on flea bay.

It is always nice to see someone actually clean up and care for a Banshee though. :biggrin: