Learning the SHEES & smokin

Alright guys some of you helped me with a no spark issues in order to get my girl running, thanks (bad cdi) but now that it runs there is somethin new.

While it's running there is a lot of smoke & oil is also dripping from the tailpipe & splattering all over. Seems to bog too, it will idle but it's not crisp when you crack the throttle. The smoke is blue and thick. AT first my carbs were overflowing and I took them apart to find the insides very dirty.

Pump gas

32:1

280 mains

K&N clamp ons

DMC Aliens full with supertrapp type baffels on it

Thoughts?

The pilots I think are 25 & the needles I have not checked yet. I got this quad from a friend and it didn't run. One thing I noticed is that the carbs appear to be stock but there is no mixture screw anywhere. The shee has a twist throttle w/no TORS.

Would the jetting and such cause the oil/fuel to drip/spray through the exhaust?

The pilots I think are 25 & the needles I have not checked yet. I got this quad from a friend and it didn't run. One thing I noticed is that the carbs appear to be stock but there is no mixture screw anywhere. The shee has a twist throttle w/no TORS.

Would the jetting and such cause the oil/fuel to drip/spray through the exhaust?

do you know what mixture your friend ran the shee at?

Get rid of that crap twist throttle first off, double check your pilots and what clip your needles are from the top. Stock postition for needles is the 3rd clip from the top, for your mods and elevation that should suffice. You might also want to try a size or two bigger on your mains, pods really suck in the air.

Yes, if the jetting is way to rich the unburnt oil wil be pushed out your exhaust.

correct me if Im wrong guys but your suppose to have a mixture adjustment screw on them, or get one with your TORS removal kit? in that case if there isnt one that could be the problem

Should be air mixture screws, even with the tors removed.

Based on what I've read I agree that there should be mixture screws. There is one set of air mixture screws on each carb but no others............ Hmmmmm. I will try some more tomorrow and go from there. Thanks guys.

are the piolets cloged did you take out and clean or are your float needle&seat dirty

Orig my carbs were overflowing and it was b/c the floats were stuck.....I took out all the jets and cleaned them as well. Only thing I didn't check was the needle setting. The one adj screw that is there is the air mixture screw near the filters, do you know what a good setting on those would be?

pick up a clymers manual or search the threads for a download, good basic stuff will help you with settings.

So here's what happened today.....

I put the clips on the needles 1 setting down onto 2nd & the air scres are 3 turns out. It's running much better and idleing decent. I also removed the difuser discs that were on the muffler.....

Thoughts?

There is still oil spitting but not as much, smoke still a little thick, plugs not fouled and coolant level is full in radiator.

Could there be a spark issue?

??????????????????????????????????????