A&S, RDZ vs. RB racing

Ok, this is going to stir the pot, but I don't care. I think its good discussion.. I have an RB racing dune ported, stock stroke 350. 35mm PWKs, 185psi, +4 timing, CPI inframes. This is my trail/dune bike. its nothing major, but runs good.

This past weekend, I raced a stock stroke A&S motor, drag ported on alky, and beat it every time by 3-4 bikes in the dunes. Same swinger length, and similar paddles. Similar rider capability.

Also raced a 421 cub from RDZ, and beat it every time by a couple lengths. I thought this was ridiculous, no way that should happen. The bike seemed to run decent too.

Now, I consider myself a novice rider, not a pro by any means.

I just thought it was necessary to give props to R&B about making good power, and big names aren't always the solution. Not that the other guys don't build badass motors, because I know they do. But, they got beat!

Not trying to toot my own horn here guys, but I have been layin it down to most similarly modded banshees that i race lately. I just thought it was a good enough sample to give R&B props, and to let you guys know whats up.

Now, begin the bashing lol

A few bikes is huge in a drag race. But w/o even witnessing it, i would have to look more at the set up of each bike. I dont have either guys' port work or have seen their work. But drag racing has lot's to do with setup. The difference could be override, gearing, tires, swinger, suspension etc. Maybe the mighty cub spun it's ass off and could hook. Or maybe his engine and/or bike wasnt set up. Or maybe you have one hell of a engine/bike set up. Really the only way you can test the other guys engines is put them on a dyno but it's the setup that wins races.

There is only one answer for this JD.

ITS THE CHASSIS AND SUSPENSIONS COMPONENTS :whistling:

J/K......Its a great feeling being the underdog and winning races. The same thing happened to us at Dumont. There was a bike from Inland ATV that was a 14mil big block twister. (close to 700cc). Absolutely gorgeous bike, ful lonestar drag chassis, the works. We could tell it was running extremely rich and wasnt putting out anywhere near what a bike of this caliber should. In the end, I ended up beating him and other big bikes with one of my customers bikes. A full stellar hillshooter chassis with a McCoy 4mil super cub (472cc).

But like Cajun said.....it comes down to setup and getting it dialed in. Some people bolt the bike together, get it running good and never play with things like gearing, different paddles, air pressure or fine tuning.

But I am also a firm believer that there are quite a few less known builders out there that can build just as good as a motor as the big boys that just havent gotten any recognition yet. It takes building a good client base and also start competing in bigger events like Planet Sand top really start getting that kind of reputation.

There is only one answer for this JD.

ITS THE CHASSIS AND SUSPENSIONS COMPONENTS :whistling:

J/K......Its a great feeling being the underdog and winning races. The same thing happened to us at Dumont. There was a bike from Inland ATV that was a 14mil big block twister. (close to 700cc). Absolutely gorgeous bike, ful lonestar drag chassis, the works. We could tell it was running extremely rich and wasnt putting out anywhere near what a bike of this caliber should. In the end, I ended up beating him and other big bikes with one of my customers bikes. A full stellar hillshooter chassis with a McCoy 4mil super cub (472cc).

But like Cajun said.....it comes down to setup and getting it dialed in. Some people bolt the bike together, get it running good and never play with things like gearing, different paddles, air pressure or fine tuning.

But I am also a firm believer that there are quite a few less known builders out there that can build just as good as a motor as the big boys that just havent gotten any recognition yet. It takes building a good client base and also start competing in bigger events like Planet Sand top really start getting that kind of reputation.

This was on my 87' trail bike Tim! (the yellow one) lol..... I agree, it is ALL in the setup, bottom line. Our setups were very similar. No Overrides, garbage stock rear shock, and gearing was the same with the A&S bike.. I don't have a clue about the Cub's setup.. Something had to be wrong.

I just started this topic because One: It was fun to beat them with my setup, Two: people need to know that you don't have to wait 6 months to get a good runner. Three: I think its interesting to see....

I never touch my bike either, hell I don't even check the plugs. I run it rich and hammer down. Always have..

This was on my 87' trail bike Tim! (the yellow one) lol..... I agree, it is ALL in the setup, bottom line. Our setups were very similar. No Overrides, garbage stock rear shock, and gearing was the same with the A&S bike.. I don't have a clue about the Cub's setup.. Something had to be wrong.

I just started this topic because One: It was fun to beat them with my setup, Two: people need to know that you don't have to wait 6 months to get a good runner. Three: I think its interesting to see....

I never touch my bike either, hell I don't even check the plugs. I run it rich and hammer down. Always have..

Yup, setup, period.

The chassis components do work well on his drag bike Tim.

Ok, this is going to stir the pot, but I don't care. I think its good discussion.. I have an RB racing dune ported, stock stroke 350. 35mm PWKs, 185psi, +4 timing, CPI inframes. This is my trail/dune bike. its nothing major, but runs good.

This past weekend, I raced a stock stroke A&S motor, drag ported on alky, and beat it every time by 3-4 bikes in the dunes. Same swinger length, and similar paddles. Similar rider capability.

Also raced a 421 cub from RDZ, and beat it every time by a couple lengths. I thought this was ridiculous, no way that should happen. The bike seemed to run decent too.

Now, I consider myself a novice rider, not a pro by any means.

I just thought it was necessary to give props to R&B about making good power, and big names aren't always the solution. Not that the other guys don't build badass motors, because I know they do. But, they got beat!

Not trying to toot my own horn here guys, but I have been layin it down to most similarly modded banshees that i race lately. I just thought it was a good enough sample to give R&B props, and to let you guys know whats up.

Now, begin the bashing lol

ummmm..... who was on the A&S bike that was getting beat last weekend so bad?

ummmm..... who was on the A&S bike that was getting beat last weekend so bad?

hahahahahaha, your motor rips Mike, but I told you I would make a post lol... OK, 2 weeks ago. Cant we combine weekends to simplify things? I forgot about that new clutch cable you didn't try out yet :ninja:

Yup, setup, period.

The chassis components do work well on his drag bike Tim.

Thanks Jeff. Its pretty crazy how many little changes I have made even since November/December when I built those parts for JD. I am always trying to make my products better. I'm sure you guys do the same. I saw the changes you guys made to JT's frame.....it looks great. It now looks like a respectable chassis. I was pretty sceptical of it before you guys got to it. Nice work :thumbsup:

You didn't beat Dan at A&S, and you didn't beat Rob at RDZ. You beat their customers, which is nice and it feels good. A motor only runs as good as the guy tuning it though.

Good job either way.

Very well stated, and very true! Nor did I beat Bob at RB! Its just nice to give a mostly unknown builder some props...

I know how you feel JD bout takin a stock built motor and out running them boys with them bigger motors built by them big names...FAB SHOP Racing built my stock motor drag bike and was running with and out running them big name motors

hahahahahaha, your motor rips Mike, but I told you I would make a post lol... OK, 2 weeks ago. Cant we combine weekends to simplify things? I forgot about that new clutch cable you didn't try out yet :ninja:

I don't know man, I just couldn't clutch it right coming off the line trying to keep from rolling over backwards.... haha(clutch cable!!)

Thanks Jeff. Its pretty crazy how many little changes I have made even since November/December when I built those parts for JD. I am always trying to make my products better. I'm sure you guys do the same. I saw the changes you guys made to JT's frame.....it looks great. It now looks like a respectable chassis. I was pretty sceptical of it before you guys got to it. Nice work :thumbsup:

well iam gonna make a few changes for this next time we see eachother and hopefully by than you have a decent drag bike......10mil vs 10mil baby no excuses............lol am stoked to see what you put toghether tim......so many choices good luck my friend :thumbsup: