newbi with 98 shee

newb here. first off, very nice forum i hate this to be my first post but im freakin out and need advice. been ridin all my life, just recently i bought a 98 shee. took it out this weekend for its first real ride. was doing good for a while until i pushed it backwards since it doesnt have reverse right... well i get on start it up. put it in first and the bitc* goes in reverse. wtf. has anyone elses ever gone in reverse or does a warrior tranny bolt up. im cluesless. also while your reading this post i know i shouldn ask but i gotta. also are all year banshee's year the same , like all parts universal

thanks. all advice is appreciated

haha, so you got reverse on your banshee now :blink: ? thats badass!lol

i've seriously never heard of this problem before. :confused:

as far as banshee years go, all years are mostly the same. the main difference is in the suspension. from years '87 to i believe '90 or '91 they changed from a j-arm frame to an a-arm frame, otherwise they have been pretty much un-changed.

welcome to BHQ by the way.

yeah.. reverse. while its in reverse i can shift through out all the gears to. but in order to get out of this "reverse" i have to shut the bike down. and roll it forward a little bit. other then that the thing screams. nothin like the rappys. but anyways.. anyone have a clue??

welcome to the hq man! sounds like you gotta pretty unique problem there.

ive never heard of that!!!

yeah.. reverse. while its in reverse i can shift through out all the gears to. but in order to get out of this "reverse" i have to shut the bike down. and roll it forward a little bit. other then that the thing screams. nothin like the rappys. but anyways.. anyone have a clue??

what does that mean? your banshee is slower than a craptor? :huh:

no i just have another bike and it happens to be a rappy 660. the banshees are crazy. now i know why every one says there the shit.. so anyways pretty much sounds like im screwed on this deal lol. guess il wait till the tranny goes out and just buy a new one :confused: i cant beilive somehow it wil go into reverse.. and no one else has ever heard of theres doing it... great sounds like i got a one of a kind on my hands

as far as banshee years go, all years are mostly the same. the main difference is in the suspension. from years '87 to i believe '90 or '91 they changed from a j-arm frame to an a-arm frame, otherwise they have been pretty much un-changed.

The wire harness and connectors are different between those two years also.

You know, I am not sure who, but a few people on here had this same problem. Try searching for it in the repairs and mods. I remember seeing and reading about it in a few threads.

Welcome to HQ.

Here is one of the threads about the flywheel being the issue.

http://www.bansheehq.com/forums/index.php?...&hl=reverse

yea i remember ppl sayin they were having a problem with this..

somethin with the timing could have been an issue or somethin along those lines

k dumb question how do i adjust the timing on a 2 stoke, i know how to on a fourstroke bike. but yeah.. isn there a timing plate or somethin behind the stator?? and whats it suppost to be timed at. i got fmf gold series with fmf silincers, jetted and bored over .10 with vforce reeds i beliveve