Seat wiggles too much

I have my quad just about where I want it, but the dam seat is the last issue. It moves back and forth a bit more than i like. All 4 of the rubber bushings are installed, and in good shape. It moves alot up front, the back is tight. Is there a rubber bushing on the frame where the seat locks into, or is that just bare metal. I seems that there is too much play in that area. Thanks.

I have my quad just about where I want it, but the dam seat is the last issue. It moves back and forth a bit more than i like. All 4 of the rubber bushings are installed, and in good shape. It moves alot up front, the back is tight. Is there a rubber bushing on the frame where the seat locks into, or is that just bare metal. I seems that there is too much play in that area. Thanks.

In the front? I drilled a hole through the sides of the frame that the seat cleat fits into, I put an M6 bolt through it with an acorn nut on the inside so it is next to the seat cleat. Worked perfect.

SP

In the front? I drilled a hole through the sides of the frame that the seat cleat fits into, I put an M6 bolt through it with an acorn nut on the inside so it is next to the seat cleat. Worked perfect.

SP

I might have to do that. I figured that there is no way yamaha made these being so loose, and I don't see if there is anything missing by looking at the microfiche. If it comes to that, I will be adding some bolts and acorn nuts.

I might have to do that. I figured that there is no way yamaha made these being so loose, and I don't see if there is anything missing by looking at the microfiche. If it comes to that, I will be adding some bolts and acorn nuts.

Mine wasn't missing anything either. Was just bored one night and figured what the hell. So that is what I came up with.

SP

Ok, I looked at it today, and really wanted to fix this without out modifying. These seats had to be tight stock. That front strap on the chassis behind the tank is where the seat hooks into, and its the only thing that limits the travel. Figuring that it might have moved, I took a dead blow and tapped it down twice. Put the seat back on and its perfect. No movement at all, and I mean at all. The seat still installs just fine. I think that must get displaced up after lots of riding.

So if your seat wiggles. Tap the front strap down, check it after each blow, and once its nice and tight, your all set.