Built Banshee motor vs Motor Swap.

I wanna get peoples opinions on built banshee motors or motor swaps IE: street bike motors

I just sold 1 of my dirtbikes so I have right at 3000$ to spend.. and im really torn between what to do.

I am building my banshee for the 1/8th mile pavement drags. and really thats about it. MAYBE once in a blue moon take it to the sand pits around here and tear it up!

Heres my perdicament I just would hate to drop all this money into a built banshee motor and have such a fast 2 stroke I lose all reliability and I cant just crank it up and take it around my neiborhood or down my road for fun!

This is why ive been thinking so much on the street bike motor swap, hell even a stock motor would get the power I wanted and still be 100% reliable cause its still stock.

My only problems is I dont have the tools to do the swap (welder and torch) and the local shops want to charge 2500$ to do the swap alone...

Im stuck in a rutt!

What are your opinions on swaps? and also my situation.

you can`t have it both ways. either you want a purpose built bike. or you don`t. you can`t be fast on an 8 th mile bike. then be climbing hills in a pit. it just don`t work that way.

I begg to differ, it wouldnt be the absolute best of both worlds but it is possible to be decent in both.

I begg to differ, it wouldnt be the absolute best of both worlds but it is possible to be decent in both.

youre wasting your time. if you want a bike thats going to be competitive in the 1/8 mile drags its not going to be worth a shit in the pits, trails, etc..

youre gonna have to build one or the other and i suggest staying with a banshee based motor. buy a 4 stroke for fuckin around on. keep the banshee for when you need to go fast.

youre wasting your time. if you want a bike thats going to be competitive in the 1/8 mile drags its not going to be worth a shit in the pits, trails, etc..

youre gonna have to build one or the other and i suggest staying with a banshee based motor. buy a 4 stroke for fuckin around on. keep the banshee for when you need to go fast.

Ok maybe I came off wrong, Im not looking for 5 second 8th miles :P Ill be happy with 6.5's. (so gotta drop a little over a second from where I am now :P)

I just miss my yfz450 sometimes press a button and go!

The bike motor swap just seems a little out of my reach cause of the tools and such, but it would be a great learning experience.

I have seen ALLOT of "hybrid" bikes over the years and can think of a total of three that were done good and performed good. All those bikes you could easly see took A TON of time a TON of money and a TON of work.. Your not willing to put up those three thing(sounds like your not) then I would really just build up a banshee.

RIPPEN