raptor 700 shocks and a arms

vulvafan537240

ok guys. this has probably been answered a million times but i dont visit the suspension forum too much. friend of a friend has a craptor 700 and hes about to let it get repo'ed and id like to trade front ends with him if its possible. i mean a-arms, shocks, brakes, the whole works.

i know the 450 arms and shocks work with a couple of spacers with no probs but im not sure about craptors.

also, what would the ride height be?

how much wider would it be? +2?

another important part is that my banshee arms bolt up to his frame. im sure he wouldnt want to give it back to the dealer with no front end. :biggrin:

any help is greatly appreciated. thanks in advance.

Raptor 700 a-arms are the same as YFZ450 a-arms, so the arms could be converted just the same to your banshee as the 450 arms (they're the same). However, your a-arms will not bolt back up to his quad, so he won't have a front end to repo. I don't know eye-to-eye on the raptors vs. YFZ450, but I think maybe that swap was versus stock banshee shocks?

Raptor 700 a-arms are the same as YFZ450 a-arms, so the arms could be converted just the same to your banshee as the 450 arms (they're the same). However, your a-arms will not bolt back up to his quad, so he won't have a front end to repo. I don't know eye-to-eye on the raptors vs. YFZ450, but I think maybe that swap was versus stock banshee shocks?

i cant seem to find that topic that i was refering to, to save my life right now but i believe he said that banshees sit a little bit lower with the yfz front setup and his sits close to to stock ride height with the raptor shocks which is why im thinking that the raptor shocks are a little longer.

if my arms wont bolt up to his frame then i guess im looking at swapping shocks but i dont want my banshee sitting like 5" taller.

i just hate to let a nice setup like that get away when i can pretty much get it for free!

i cant seem to find that topic that i was refering to, to save my life right now but i believe he said that banshees sit a little bit lower with the yfz front setup and his sits close to to stock ride height with the raptor shocks which is why im thinking that the raptor shocks are a little longer.

if my arms wont bolt up to his frame then i guess im looking at swapping shocks but i dont want my banshee sitting like 5" taller.

i just hate to let a nice setup like that get away when i can pretty much get it for free!

maybe you could rig you banshee arms to fit on the raptor with a bit of cutting and some washers?

you would need to cut the inside ends of the arms and use a shitload of washers on the outsides.

as for the raptor shocks, i believe the SE piggybacks are the same shock as the 450's. but the non piggybacks are 16" long (from memory)

maybe you could rig you banshee arms to fit on the raptor with a bit of cutting and some washers?

you would need to cut the inside ends of the arms and use a shitload of washers on the outsides.

as for the raptor shocks, i believe the SE piggybacks are the same shock as the 450's. but the non piggybacks are 16" long (from memory)

I would think that the piggybacks would be the same as well, too much production cost otherwise.

Also, volfan, I work for a small area credit union, in our collections department as it would be, trying to reconfigure peoples loans so they can repay (no, I'm not the repo guy!). IMO, the bank lent him the money to buy the quad in good faith. Now, I work with people all the time who are unfortunate victims of the economy in general (i.e. not necessarily their fault), but is it really right to stick it to the bank in this case? Your friend may not be able to pay the loan out of no fault of his own, but is it really the banks fault either? Hopefully I don't start a political shit storm here...

he financed it through yamaha but yeah its still the same principle. the 4wheeler is mostly trashed so its not like its in pristine condition or anything anyway.

if they garnish his wages, he will actually be paying for the swap :biggrin:

him and his bro in law bought two 4 wheelers. a raptor and 450r. the 450r has been in the shop about twice as much as hes been able to ride (pos hondas :biggrin: ).

the motor was actually in a million pieces when they came to repo it.

but the dealer screwed them pretty good. they paid like $20K for two atv's a cheap little trailor and two helmets.

I don't know what year it is, but my homie found out the hard way. He got some that were advertised as YFZ on ebay, but they were 700's. Look just like the 450, but you can see a difference in the spring. It is a single rate shock. They were also VERY VERY stiff on stock arms. Not sure what the EYE/EYE was. He ended up getting works and ditching these.

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p275/je...et/shocks02.jpg

i appreciate all the help fellas. so from what ive gathered, im kinda stuck. i cant put my arms on his frame so swapping everything is outta the picture and since the raptor shocks are longer than the yfz's i dont wanna put em on my arms.

i guess ill wait a little while and buy everything from egay or the for sale forum.

• 9 months later...

Yeah because it is a heavier bike. But if you put the yfz shock on the banshee. You will have to grind back some of the top shock mount it will clear the rez on the shock. Not much of anything to worry about. If you dont have aftermarket arms. then you will have to punch out the bottom arm where the shock mounts to. I just cut a square so the bottom of the shock cleared the arm. I didnt want to take any metal off the shock. But the best bet is to add aftermarket arms to the bike with yfz shocks. Or the valving and spring weight will be a hard ride unless your jumping. But I have had yfz shocks and after market arms on my bike going on three years with nothing but greatness. The only thing I have found out for the riding I do is that I want to convert them to dual rate springs and revalve then for the dunes. I love them over works shocks anyday. And you will pay out of your ace to get the adj ments that the yfz shock offer over the works shocks.